The role is to provide 2nd and 3rd line support to customers across a broad range of Security and Routing / Switching solutions. Excellent customer-facing and telephone support skills are required.
You will be expected to provide remote support to customers. This would involve remote configuration and troubleshooting, and therefore you must be able to demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills on Wireless, Security and R&S technologies (Cisco ASA and VPN skills are essential to this role).
Experience of a help-desk environment, working to SLA's, and using 'trouble-ticket’ applications would be beneficial. Any additional skills around security products or wireless would be advantageous.
You will be required to participate in a shift pattern with the other engineers in the team, as well as providing on-call cover which is shared with the other engineers in the team (on average, 1 week in 4).
There are excellent career progression opportunities, as the Network Operations is seen as a stepping stone into the Network Consultancy Team.
- Valid Cisco CCNA accreditation in Wireless and/or Security
- Strong Cisco ASA troubleshooting
- Strong Cisco VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Wireless technologies and wireless troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Troubleshooting tools such as wireshark
- CCNA Wireless
- CCNP (R&S / Wireless / Security)
- Juniper SRX
- Regular and appropriate client facing meetings in support of Service Delivery
- Cisco Networking
- Wireless Networking