Network Operation Analyst
Salary: £22,000-£27,500 including shift allowance
Hours: Example shifts
4 days on 4 days off 4 nights on 4 nights off (12 hrs with 1.5-hour break)
3 days on 3 days off 3 nights on 3 nights off (12 hours with 1.5-hour break)
Location: Chesterfield and Work from Home
A leading and rapidly expanding insurance group who have benefitted from a string of successive achievements and impressive accolades who have been voted in the Top Big 30 Companies to Work for in The Sunday Times list.
To provide server, network and application monitoring that include reporting, alerting and basic troubleshooting to ensure system stability in the network operations centre. Manage incidents by responding to and coordinating activities for high priority systems and outage events triggered by existing monitoring tools or tickets dispatched from the Service Desk.
- Monitoring - infrastructure monitoring/user experience monitoring
- Incident management - Be responsible for Significant and Major Incidents and ensure major issues are communicated effectively to all involved
- File system - Automating file and folder management including archiving and comparing files. For example: File Monitoring and automation
- FTP - FTP server file tasks - adding, removing, renaming files, monitoring server. For example: Event log monitoring
- System - Server restart, shutdown, monitoring and troubleshooting. For example: Service Restart
- Application - Verify processes running, resource consumption and unauthorized software Microsoft IIS - Recycling application pools, monitoring web site and creating virtual directories for example: Service Restart
- Security & compliance - Auditing changes to security policies, failed logons, admin accounts Energy management - energy management configuration tasks
- Notification and escalation - Automatic escalation and notification procedures to key Stakeholders
- VMware vSphere Integration - VMware tasks, VM provisioning, snapshots, clone, configure and resolve VMware incidents
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle many tasks at any given time
- Outstanding trouble-shooting and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft 2003/2008 Server Operating Systems
- Ability to cross train other members of the team 24X7
- LAN / WAN / WLAN design, support and trouble shooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Monitoring system experience
- Understanding of virtualized infrastructure
- Excellent documentation and organisation skills
- Tenacious desire to learn new technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise IT infrastructure
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'