Glide Business is the business connectivity specialist. We enable companies to do more and give them the competitive advantage by delivering our own ultra-fast, reliable and assured broadband to drive their businesses forward.
High-speed internet is only as good as the network it relies on. That’s why Glide Business deploys its own physical infrastructure, which has more than doubled its reach in the last 12 months alone. Because of this we’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to work in our Infrastructure team.
A crucial part of delivering our ever-growing network consists in efficiently and effectively planning and overseeing the construction & implementation of our network infrastructure civil engineering build programme, consisting of street cabinets, ductwork and customer connections. Time will be spent between our brand new office on Stoneleigh Park & site visits for build oversight.
- Working closely with the Infrastructure Team to Implement rollout of our superfast infrastructure (cabinets, ductwork and customer connections)
- Ensuring the day to day organisation, planning and control of labour, plant & resources in support of our infrastructure deployment programme
- Supervision & oversight of contractors for cabinet, cable and duct construction
- Plan & oversee the construction of duct and cable infrastructure for the core and access network
- Conducting external network and customer site surveys as programme dictates
- Liaising with suppliers (Contractors) to ensure timely delivery, escalating where necessary. Ensuring pro-active management to avoid preventable mistakes
- Coordinating with local authorities with planning and NRSWA compliance.
- Monitoring work to meet permit and traffic management requirements
- Keeping company systems up to date to ensure accurate progress tracking of orders and projects to meet internal and client timescales
- Carrying out site visits to ensure all work complies with Glide expectations and is carried out in compliance with Health & Safety and NRSWA requirements.
- Ensuring accurate record keeping and policing of as-built documentation & build costs. Financial oversight of contractor invoicing and submission to finance team.
- Highly articulate with excellent email and verbal communication skills
- Have experience working with civils/utility services, fibre optic and passive telecoms infrastructure experience.
- Strong understanding of BT/Openreach plant desirable.
- Hold NRSWA supervisor accreditation.
- Self-motivated and responsible
- Extremely organised and process-driven
- Methodical with a strong attention to detail
- Highly computer literate
- Able to take initiative and work pro-actively
- Civil Engineering
- Network Infrastructure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'