Network Enterprise Architect - Public Sector - Glasgow - Permanent
Your new company
Our public sector client is entering the market for a Network Enterprise Architect. HQ is Glasgow city, not far from the city centre and offers a great range of benefits. This role would suit experienced architects but also senior network engineers with design exposure that want to move into the next gear in their career.
Your new role
To be responsible for the optimisation of all enterprise level network services, processes and components. This will include the design, development, programming, implementation and support a network capable of supporting a modern Microsoft active directory and full enterprise systems infrastructure.
What you'll need to succeed
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementing, enhancing and ensuring the smooth operation of communication networks capable of supporting a modern Microsoft active directory and full enterprise systems infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance and availability to Police Scotland.
- To assess and continuously improve existing network architecture.
- Ensuring the design, development and programming of the network supports service levels of systems.
- Responsible for reducing the operational risk profile in relation to the network architecture, design, development, programming and support of a modern Microsoft Active Directory within the full enterprise systems architecture
- Act as a single point of contact, visionary and strategist for the full enterprise network architecture.
- Design high level plans showing the relationship between various elements of the networking infrastructure.
- Design low level network infrastructure plans to the tasks required and allocation of resources to successfully implement and improve network design.
- Implementation of network infrastructure across all locations for the Police Scotland and SPA.
- Implement the design on all routing, switching and security infrastructure to support an enterprise level Microsoft Active Directory within the full enterprise systems architecture.
10. Act as subject matter expert on all technical aspects of network infrastructure.
11. Negotiating and influencing business unit managers, Strategic Leads, other ICT colleagues, subject matter experts, customers at a supervisory level and external IT and Microsoft specialists.
12. Influencing project managers and Heads of Department regarding the matrix management of technical specialists and IT infrastructure resources and agreeing timescales.
13. Develop testing plans and change standards
14. Mentoring and coaching within the Infrastructure department to assist in Personal Development of staff. 15. Will be responsible for managing and assessing risk within all areas of managerial/supervisory responsibility . The above accountabilities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and the Jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties that are consistent with the level and grading of the role.
ATTRIBUTES ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE ATTAINMENTS
Understanding of ITIL Service Management principles; Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Active Directory. Detailed understanding of the core ICT systems used in policing.
EDUCATIONAL / OCCUPATIONAL Degree in related computer science or software engineering discipline or a combination of qualifications and relevant experience. Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert. Qualification in an IT Security discipline or a moderate period of experience within a Secure network environment
PERSONAL QUALITIES Experienced level of skills around:
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Working on customer sites
- Crafting and delivering communication messages;
Proven experience in a lead technical role related to enterprise architecture, design and the delivery of ICT services; Proven ability to create end-to-end enterprise designs for infrastructure services and solutions. Highly experienced in working across a live operating network of 500+ sites in excess of 24000+ users.
SPECIAL APTITUDES Strong analytical skills; Capable of communicating effectively with both a Technical and non-Technical audiences; Ability to tight and multiple deadlines; Self-motivated and confident; Ability to use own initiative and deal with a varied programme of work; Excellent communicator.
What you'll get in return
Working in the public sector always has an excellent range of benefits such as flexible working, pension, childcare. This role is no different and also benefits from 'outside city centre' location, competitive salary and a real opportunity to grow in a professional environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job