A full time lecturer is required by one of the UK’s leading private universities to teach Network Engineering at?degree-level and also network related modules in wider apprenticeship programmes. Course delivery is primarily online with some travel to London for face to face teaching. The role pays a competitive salary of £50,000 - £60,000 p.a.
There are also opportunities to carry out this role on a part time or freelance basis in the evenings. The university is seeking professionals in all sectors of IT for their fast expanding programmes, particularly as freelancers who are available for online teaching in the evenings.
Applications are sought from practising Network Engineering professionals with a passion for sharing knowledge and excellent communication skills as well as those who have experience of teaching or applied research in the subject area.
The key responsibilities are:
- Module leadership, curriculum design & quality accountability for teaching & materials
- Scholarship work & teaching (face to face and online), examining, assessment and marking
- Personal tuition & student project supervision
- Online cohort management
- On occasion, support business development/student recruitment activity (e.g. attend pitches or open evenings)
- Raise school profile through attendance at conferences and externally published scholarship and research
You must have:
- A degree or a relevant professional qualification or certifications in the subject area
- Significant relevant experience acquired either through professional practice or applied research
- Either hold, or be committed to achieving, a relevant teaching qualification (e.g. Fellowship of the HEA)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and confidence in the use of IT to deliver engaging online lectures
- A strong student-centric focus as well as a commercial and educational focus
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Be strongly self-motivated and able to work collaboratively as part of a remote team
Ideally you would also have:
- Experience of teaching at undergraduate or the equivalent professional qualification level
- Experience of module design and leadership
- Experience of supporting students in an academic context
- Experience in writing engaging learning materials for face to face and online delivery
- Experience of providing guidance and leadership to a teaching team
The employer is one of the UK’s leading private universities dedicated to business and the professions and offers professional, apprenticeship and degree qualifications. The company offers excellent career development opportunities and free access to its portfolio of courses, in addition to a flexible and comprehensive benefits package which includes private medical insurance, contributory pension, childcare vouchers etc. The role is a full time and permanent position offering between £50k-£60k depending on experience.
High quality and innovative online learning is a key objective for the employer and your contribution will be central to transforming the student learning experience through the practical application of knowledge in the work place.
Loyal Retainers are acting as an employment agency regarding this position
- Network Engineering
- networking lecturer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job