£50,000 - £75,000
Our globally successful client is seeking a Senior Campus Infrastructure Engineer in SE1 to provide support with the architecture, implementation and creation of the IT infrastructure. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will meet the businesses objectives, whilst having a broad understanding of infrastructure knowledge and take on the role of SME on several technologies based on experience.
· Create and implement a systematic approach for discovery of project requirements
· Gather all project relate infrastructure needs in a clear and concise manner and collaborate with other staff as required to support goals
· Review legacy systems and solutions to create detailed documentation of design and requirements
· Develop and maintain equipment inventor yin a central CMDB
· Gather health metrics, trend analysis, capacity planning and performance data for systems and report on current trends
· Make recommendations and solutions to ensure high availability and specialist configurations to match the specific business objective
· Review systems for appropriate warranty coverate4 and take appropriate action to ensure equipment is covered by warranty
· Work with the appropriate parties to understand, design and implement solutions across all technology stacks in the work environment
· Make recommendations for improvements and alternatives for existing systems to increase cost-effectiveness, system stability and future expandability
· Gather information and writing project-related documents such as project charters, work breakdown structure cost estimates, etc.
· Writing operational runbooks for infrastructure systems
· Work with external vendors and partners to develop BOM’s or SOW’s for procurement of services
· Manage vendor engagements for troubleshooting and repairing existing systems
· Attend meetings as required and ensure a collaborative work environment
· Clearly communicate activities including acknowledgement of assigned task, project deliverables and status
· A degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent of experience and training within a relevant field
· CCIE, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA in the areas of Route/ Switch. Service Provider, Security
· Additional certifications desirable, GIAC, CISSP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Speciality, HP MACE
· Several years within an enterprise IT environment that has administration, support and implementation of network in an infrastructure environment
· Experience supporting high-availability environments
· Multi-tenancy, MSP experience preferred
· Able to work within an 802.1x in a multi-domain environment
· NAC, preferably Cisco ISE experience
· Proficiency with CAD: able to scale, measure and read telecommunication drawings and floorplans
· Understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google) design
· Able to work installing, configuring and supporting the following technologies, Cisco ASA v8.3+ in multi-content mode, Cisco ISE v 1.3 - 2.x, 802.1X. Cisco: Catalyst 29xx, 38XX, 45XX, 93XX, 94XX, N7K, N9K. HP: Comware 5, 7, 58xx, 59xx, ProCurve 29xx, 38xx. WLAN: Cisco 3504, 5520. Advanced Routing: Cisco ASR series, 72XX, 45xx, 39XX, 29XX, using EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and static routes, MPLS, VRF-lite, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'