Internal Job Title: Network Engineer
Reporting To: Head of Networks
Location(s): Ashford (Kent), London
The Team and Role
Joining a team of Network specialists, you will be integrated quickly and efficiently into a supportive and friendly coalition.
You will be undertaking an extremely varied role that blends Project and BAU work, thus will include but not limited to managing, monitoring, providing support and troubleshooting for Advanced Managed Services, Customer Local Area and Customer Wide Area Networks as well as being a presence in Network Security. We can offer a unique working environment where you will be able to learn and grow simultaneously. This is a chance for a dedicated Network professional to not only fulfil their potential, but to go above and beyond.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Work with the Architect team and other business stakeholders upon all aspects of the lifecycle of a High Availability Managed Services network environment, serving a large and critical customer base.
These are things you will do day to day:
- Provide technical support and engineering services for Advanced Managed Services and Corporate networks in adherence with defined SLAs.
- Configure, amend, troubleshoot site to site and client based VPNs.
- Maintain and improve existing Advanced and client networks in accordance with Advanced design methodologies.
- Maintain a secure network environment in accordance to ISO27001 standards.
- Monitor and manage network components to: deliver proactive support to all internal and external clients; enable more effective reactive support; to provide capacity & performance reporting; and to generally enhance network management capabilities and services.
You will also:
- Maintain and improve network documentation.
- Undertake visits to the datacentres and customer sites across the UK and Ireland as necessary
The nature of the role requires mandatory participation in flexible working:
- On call 24x7 support rota, providing an escalation path to the Service Desk.
- Work Saturdays and Sundays at least once per month, OT or TOIL
Participate in continual improvement processes, modelled around meeting ISO standards:
- Change control, with peer change review
- Quality driven; work planned with minimal disruption to users
The ideal candidate will demonstrate ease in their ability to:
- Keep ahead of the latest technologies and demonstrate drive to learn
- Show a drive to automate tasks and data collection
- Communicate complex issues in a clear way, written and orally
- Care for customers
- Provide input into project, and technical documents
- Manage their time effectively and multi task
- Carry out risk assessment of their day to day functions
Knowledge and Experience
Essential skills to be considered for the role:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Comprehensive knowledge of network infrastructure, including the ability to analyse and debug layers 1-7.
- Experience of troubleshooting enterprise networks.
- Experience with Cisco layer 2 and 3 switches.
- Experience of firewall and VPN and troubleshooting Cisco ASA firewalls.
Desirable skills on these products/topics:
- Experience of Dell multi-layer switches and SonicWall products.
- Experience with Cisco routers.
- Experience of the following routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, MPLS EIGRP, and OTV.
- Experience with administering and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless products.
- Familiarity with network-centric applications such as TACACS, RADIUS, and Syslog would advantageous, as would experience of 802.1x network authentication.
- Familiarity with content switching / network load balancing technologies such as F5 or Netscalers.
- Experience of ITIL
Education / Qualifications
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA ®)
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills
- Car allowance of £4,750 gross per annum
- 25 days annual holiday
- Learning environment working alongside experts in the latest technologies
- Special focus on training and development, and the opportunity to attend our own Advanced University
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- Career progression opportunities, within Advanced Health and Care and the rest of the Advanced Group
About Advanced Health and Care
We are the leading supplier of IT for care in the 'out of hospital' setting, providing an unrivalled breadth of 'best of class' solutions for health and social care to nearly 1,000 care delivery enterprises and most UK and Republic of Ireland trusts, boards and local authorities.
Advanced Health & Care supports the 'out of hospital' agenda to remould care in the face of the aging demographic, a desire for improved access to care and greater choice, increasing cost of delivery in acute and primary care and funding constraints.
The key to success will be in the capacity to deliver safe, integrated care in a community based setting and to avoid costly and inappropriate admissions to hospital. This model for delivery will encourage new approaches to the commissioning of care working with efficient, flexible and innovative care delivery enterprises to deliver cost effective, integrated care without costly duplication.
Whether out-of-hours or in the workplace, hospice, pharmacy, home or clinic, long term conditions or convenient on-demand access, clinical or social care, face-to-face, over the phone or online, Advanced Health & Care provides the best solutions in a framework of integration and information sharing.