The Team and Role
Joining a team of Network specialists, you will be integrated quickly and efficiently into a supportive and friendly coalition.
You will be undertaking an extremely varied role that blends Project and BAU work, thus will include but not limited to managing, monitoring, providing support and troubleshooting for Advanced Managed Services, Customer Local Area and Customer Wide Area Networks as well as being a presence in Network Security. We can offer a unique working environment where you will be able to learn and grow simultaneously. This is a chance for a dedicated Network professional to not only fulfil their potential, but to go above and beyond.
The nature of the role requires mandatory participation in flexible working:
- On call 24x7 support rota, providing an escalation path to the Service Desk.
- Work Saturdays and Sundays at least once per month, OT or TOIL
Knowledge and Experience
Essential skills to be considered for the role:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Comprehensive knowledge of network infrastructure, including the ability to analyse and debug layers 1-7.
- Experience of troubleshooting enterprise networks.
- Experience with Cisco layer 2 and 3 switches.
- Experience of firewall and VPN and troubleshooting Cisco ASA firewalls
Desirable skills on these products/topics:
- Experience of Dell multi-layer switches and SonicWall products.
- Experience with Cisco routers.
- Experience of the following routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, MPLS EIGRP, and OTV.
- Experience with administering and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless products.
- Familiarity with network-centric applications such as TACACS, RADIUS, and Syslog would advantageous, as would experience of 802.1x network authentication.
- Familiarity with content switching / network load balancing technologies such as F5 or Netscalers.
- Experience of ITIL
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills
- 25 days annual holiday
- Learning environment working alongside experts in the latest technologies
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job