Halian is an IT Services Company. We are in the process of working with one of the Country's largest Health Care Trusts. As such, we require permanent members to join our Halian team.
You will be based in Reading working on end customer site as a highly client facing Network Support Engineer. The skills base will include, but not be limited to:
.Net - SQL Server - Juniper - CISCO - Bluecoat - Checkpoint - TCP/IP, Remedy
Some of your daily tasks will involve:
- To provide initial contact and First Line and Second Line technical support across the Hospital and to the remote users too, for all computer related problems, requests and enquires (the approximate number of users is 3500 users in total).
- Manage support calls to ensure they are recorded and resolved within the required time. Logging calls, resolving calls, escalate unresolved calls where necessary.
- Resolving problems and inquires during the initial contact whenever possible.
- Supporting users on their desk-side and remote users using LANDesk application to access users remotely
- Using Remedy System to Monitor and maintain Helpdesk services under the direction of the IT Manager.
- Building and Installing Windows desktops and Laptops for internal and external Users
- Creating and Managing user accounts, Setting up Group Policies and managing Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Using Active Directory
- Supporting Windows desktops, Laptops, Printers, Scanners and other devices
- Installing and Supporting MS Office 2003 and MS Office 2007, Windows XP and Windows 7
- Involved on Servers Administration
- Troubleshooting networking issues (TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP)
- Installing and Supporting Kaspersky Antivirus
If you would like to join the Halian team, we would be happy to hear from you.