Network Engineer required to join team of engineers to manage the network backbone that spans two European data centers, 10 offices EU-wide and 200 servers, which are used by millions of customers every day. You will be part of a virtual team of networking peers who need to seamlessly communicate daily across all mediums to ensure all processes are followed efficiently.
- Support operations for over 600 physical network appliances and 1000’s of virtual nodes
- Triage tickets related to data centers, Internet applications, and worldwide office connectivity across switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN
- Respond to automated monitors and alerts to troubleshoot issues networks
- Deploy and support-routing, switching, firewall, and traffic management environments for 50 market leading Internet sites that serve millions of visitors
- Secure and manage over 80 worldwide office locations supporting both onsite and remote users
- Position requires participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation and off hour's maintenance windows
- Educated to Bachelors level (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a Related Field.
- Experience with Checkpoint Next Generation firewalls
- Cisco Nexus switches - 7k, 9k
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting Cisco network devices.
- One or more relevant certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, CCSA, CCSE, CCMSE JNCIE, VCP-NV, F5-CA, F5-CTS, F5-CSE, ACMA, ACMP, ACMX, ACDX, etc
- Experience supporting enterprise wifi across multiple locations
- 3+ year of relevant experience in networking technologies, not limited to TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, HSRP, PPP, NAT, QoS, SNMP, VoIP, ACLs
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting HP network devices.
- Experience with internal and external DNS
- Experience with IP Address Management (IPAM) systems such as InfoBlox, Solarwinds, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, SCOM, Keynote, AppDynamics, Nagios
- Experience in network security including: Device Hardening, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, and IPSec, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection
- Experience in network protocol analyzers/sniffers.
- Knowledge of all types of circuits - P2P, Dark and Lit Fiber, MPLS, WAN, MAN, PRIs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job