Senior Network Engineer - Cisco
IT Network Provider
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Network Engineer with Cisco / Security / Wireless.
This organically grown company has a great reputation of implementing and support successful solutions for small to medium sized businesses. The position will provide second/third line support/consultancy and will be based 60/40 split between Head Office and customer sites/datacentres. Candidates must have experience of customer facing.
This role requires the successful candidate to be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, implementation, operation, and the maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
The successful candidate should ideally have knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in systems development, network operations, software support or I.T. consulting.
- Three or more years of industry experience within network technologies, including but not limited to Cisco, HP, Mellanox, Dell, etc.
- Proven track record of configuration of multi-vendor network environments, including security appliances (including site-to-site VPNs)
- Implementation of Wireless technologies, ideally including completion of wireless surveys, designs and implementation of the final solution.
- Strong knowledge of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies.
- Working knowledge of VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix and other virtualisation technologies.
- Experience in managing multi-site Active Directory environments, Windows Servers, Exchange, IIS, MSSQL, etc.
Key technical skills required:
- Must be CCNA
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following security appliances (ideally professionally qualified):
·Palo Alto Next Generation Firewall
·Fortinet Fortigate security appliances
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following Wireless networking manufacturers (ideally professionally qualified):
·Cisco - HP - Mellanox - Dell
- Excellent all-round troubleshooting skills
- Experience of working in a Technical Support Department (3+ years)
- Experience of providing support via telephone and e-mail
- Excellent knowledge of network environments (routing/switching/VLANS/Security/Wireless/etc.)
- Knowledge of WAN technologies and troubleshooting WAN connectivity issues
- Knowledge of network monitoring software platforms such as SolarWinds Orion
Optional skills required:
- Experience with Cisco Metro Ethernet switches
- MPLS VPN and Multiprotocol BGP experience
- DNS and rDNS
- Virtualisation Qualification
- Prince 2
- ITIL qualifications
Remuneration - The salary will depend on the successful candidate but the initial budget is £40,000 to £45,000.
Please contact Chris at Candour Recruitment for further details or apply online.
Services advertised by Candour Recruitment Ltd are those of an employment business.
- Cisco Routers
- Network Infrastructure
- Wireless Networking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job