A internet services provider require a network engineer on a contract basis to work on an upcoming project
Your new role
I am currently recruiting for a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure. You will be part of an engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Project based work, designing network solutions that span across the edge and core
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have a proven track record in network engineering and have good project experience within the ISP or Wi-Fi world. The client uses Cisco so Cisco exposure or a certification will be a bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.