Job Title: Network Engineer
Salary:£40K to £45K plus 5% flexible benefit fund
This is an opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to work on a very exciting and challenging secure site within the Services Operations Group. You will ensure that the teams SLA’s are met across the client’s large estate on a daily basis and have responsibility for performing Network Operational duties, including reporting, troubleshooting,
configuration and capacity management of network equipment employed across all of the clients networks. You will also liaise with third parties and provide Root Cause Analysis as part of the clients fault resolution process. You should hold current SC Clearance and be eligible for DV Clearance for this prime position.
- Configuration of Network Layer 2/3 devices on all networks.
- Produce reports for Management incl:
- Bandwidth performance, Base lining, capacity management and Incident Management.
- Ensure the Major Incident Management Process is followed for network outages.
- Undertake and lead 'Root Cause Analysis’ investigations into network faults and performance issues.
- Liaise and assist the network architect and solutions team with the implementation of projects into Service and Support.
- Provide 2nd line support to the Service Desk for network fault progression (Major faults and performance issues).
- Liaise with Third Party service providers for WAN provision and maintenance.
- Monitor LAN/WAN - Service availability and efficiency.
- Maintain monitoring platforms - maintain security patches and test to ensure reporting is correct.
- Maintenance of Core Network Devices and IOS/NX-OS software.
- Respond to incidents and work orders raised on the Service Management tool.
- Produce and maintain network documentation.
- Understand and comply with team procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Cisco networks with clear and concise reporting skills.
- Exp of network monitoring platforms including Network Node Manager and Cisco LMS/Prime.
- CCNP or extensive exp and exposure as a Senior Engineer within a Cisco networking environment.
- Technical experience and recent exposure to be able to configure and troubleshoot EIGRP and BGP Routing
- Protocols (including the use of GRE tunnelling and Virtual Router Forwarding).
- Configure and troubleshoot the clients Network Tooling - i.e.CISCO PRIME Infrastructure/Opsview/Netflow.
- SC Cleared. Eligible and prepared to go through for DV
- Experience of new WAN technologies such as Ectocrypt blue and Nexus switches.
- Experience of Cisco VSS environments
- Network reporting tools i.e. NAGIOS.
- Team leader and managerial qualities would be of benefit.
- Good communication skills.
- Good report writing skills & able to write and review technical documents.
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus (NX-OS) and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) devices.
- Experience of VMWARE to allow interaction and integration within a virtual based infrastructure environment.
- Knowledge of Python Scripting.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
- Security Clearance