Network Engineer- (REF6887G)-North Yorkshire DL10
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
The Network Engineer is responsible for organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting company’s IT systems & network, providing day to day operational support, including, but not limited to, network equipment, servers (hardware & software), telephony platforms and end-user systems. They will contribute to the development of internal IT policies and procedures, particularly related to technical systems and platforms, and provides input to global synchronization of IT technologies and services used throughout the company.
Essential Functions Include:
- Good knowledge of Firewall technologies (Cisco ASA, Checkpoint) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Good knowledge of Routing and Switching.
- Good knowledge of SD-Wan (managing WAS traffic across a combination of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and internet connections, using multiple carriers across multiple geographies).
- Good knowledge of data packet capture analysis and associated tools e.g. Wireshark.
- Experience in the configuration of Business Policy rules & QoS configuration.
- Good knowledge of Load Balancing.
- Good knowledge of Meraki / Cisco Wireless solutions.
- Good knowledge of Network Virtualization.
- Good knowledge of Network Security.
- Understanding of Cloud networking (AWS, Azure…).
- Server builds and Administration; roles inclusive of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, File and Print services.
- Experience working with VMWare and managing virtual environments.
- Experienced in SCCM.
- Experience with MS Exchange / Exchange Hybrid.
- Experience of Disaster Recovery.
- Experience of Backup and Recovery.
- Ticket management systems, MS Office Inc. Teams, O365 and Anti-Virus products.
- Setup, Manage and maintain MDM (Mobile Device Management).
- Support the Service Desk and handle calls as/when it is required to.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows PowerShell an advantage.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and a critical thinker to solve problems.
- Attend and/or represent the IT department at team/arranged meeting.
- Create and update technical documentation including training material.
- Create and update and asset inventory information and systems.
- Assist teams with projects as required by your line manager.
- Take part on an on-call Rota.
- Act as a point of call in managers absence.
- Other Ad-hoc duties as outlined by your line manager.
Qualified candidates must have:
- At least 5 GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade C or above, including English and ICT.
- CCNA Qualification, CCNP desirable.
- IT Related degree.
- 3-5 years applicable technical experience or relevant business systems experience.
- 3-5 years supervisory or team leadership experience.
- 3-5 years high-level application administration.
- MCSA, MCSE desirable.
- 3-5 years applicable technical experience Server Environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- A fast learner with the ability to follow processes and procedures, you will be able to prioritize and management several open cases at the same time.
- Excellent organization and personal time management.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skill for interactions with team members, executive members and clients.
- Able to work within a team in a positive, open and professional manner always.
- Able to work, develop, improve and implement processes, with minimal supervision.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
This role is based in North Yorkshire, DL10 and NOT based in Richmond, London.
***ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.***
- Active Directory
- Service Desk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'