Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to kickstart your career? Do you have a passion for problem solving? Are you ready to challenge yourself, learn new skills and gain on the job experience?
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm
Detailed Job Description:
Do you have qualifications in IT and want to focus your skills in a specialised and technical environment? Then this is the opportunity for you!
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a Network Engineer Apprentice at Level 4 to assist in installing, maintaining and supporting communication networks.
As a Network Engineer Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities may include:
1) Providing efficient and effective IT support to customers for installations, usage, or maintenance of customers’ products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specification. This includes but is not limited to hardware, software, audio, visual, printers, servers, and other IT related equipment
2) Assisting when appropriate the more senior technicians with more challenging jobs, including website and hosting, DNS related jobs, advanced back-up solutions and full installation of servers
3) Providing support to all more junior members of staff
4) Listening carefully to the customer’s problem, diagnosing and identifying the customer’s needs and ensuring that the IT solution you provide is the most effective and efficient solution tailored to that customer. Thorough diagnosis should include asking the right questions to ensure that the customer avoids downtime due to any incompatibility
5) Hardware build for new installations
6) Onsite installations of new equipment – you will be required to visit client sites
7) Regularly communicating the status of your technical solution to the customer clearly and in a user-friendly, professional manner. You will ensure that your ‘Daily Contacts’ are completed by the close of business every day without fail to ensure that our customers receive the best level of customer service
8) Proactively educating customers and more junior members of the team about our ‘Go Monthly Support Package’ options and other potential software, hardware and services upgrades
9) Acting as a role model at all times by complying with procedures and policies, acting professionally
10) Assisting other departments with phone answering, providing technical knowledge and presenting training
10) To assist the other departments with phone answering, providing technical knowledge, presenting training.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Our client is a provider of 24/7 small business IT Support and Cloud services, both onsite and remote, covering Hampshire and Dorset. They promise a fast, intuitive response with a personal touch. They are friendly, transparent and flexible and will work with you to meet your business objectives.
• You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will possess strong customer service skills and the capacity to work under pressure.
• You will be flexible and a self-directed, hard-working member of the team.
• You will possess the desire to succeed and be successful.
• You will have a natural ability to problem solve.
The company require a bright, enthusiastic, reliable, honest and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Location - Southampton, SO15
Working Hours - Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
Wage = £200 per week
We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 02392 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
- • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a brilliant telephone manner. • You will be willing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'