Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A Network Design Engineer is expected to be an expert in his/her field and thus be able to apply their knowledge to network design tasks and provide individual technical contributions within a design team. This role is for an individual with expertise and experience to Cisco CCNP certification level plus also knowledge of Juniper JUNOS and a demonstrable record of data network design experience
The Network Design Engineer will work as a member of the Network Design Engineering team and be allocated to projects.
The Network Design Engineer will report to the Network Solution Design Manager / designated technical lead with respect to project requirements and, functionally, to the Functional Manager within the Network Design Engineering Department.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Act as a Senior SME for Secure Network & Communications, within that scope:
o Devise, create and fully describe the logical and capability based system architectural solution
o Identify the relevant COTS components to achieve these architectural solutions
o The roles demand high proficiency in
* Cisco & Juniper-based switch and router networking
* multi-vendor firewall guards, IDS/IPS technologies
* Virtualisation, VMware/HyperV etc
o Contribute to bid and delivery projects through assessment, design and implementation planning of ICT system, whist establishing the requirements on the underlying platforms and security requirements.
o Identify the essential and innovative approaches for the hosting of 3rd party applications within the security and architectural constrains for a given programme.
o Design of technical solutions
* Work with the assigned Solution Architect to within your SME Scope:
o Liaising with stakeholders to establish key elements and requirements
o Preparation of impact analyses of change
o Provide assessments of technologies used for
o Support the definition of technology requirements and the selection of security and network technologies in support of the target designs
o Contribute to planning, description and execution of the configuration, implementation and integration your area within the totality of the solution
o Own the development of client deliverables such as assessment reports, requirement documents, technical architecture designs, operational procedures, user guides and training plans
o Organize and document findings of studies, develop proofs of concept and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems and their operational procedures
* Augment the delivery Lead Engineer to manage client relationships in delivery phase
* Contribute to the growth of Airbus business through solution and business development support
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience (including proficiency):
* Have completed a recognised Engineering Apprentice with HNC-D or Engineering Qualification to Degree level - essential
* ITIL v3 Foundation - essential
* Skilled with the design of Directory Based Operating Systems. - essential
* Qualified in at least 2 major Network Vendors and one OS vendor
* Exposure of working with a 24/7 high availability & highly secure systems; Skillful in identifying design risks.
* Proven experience of working with at least 1 of the following sectors Defence or UK Central Government
* Proven experience of designing multi-vendor complex secure communications and information exchange network interfaces to government grade.
* Proven experience of development of prototype secure solution within a multi-disciplined team whilst providing operational (day-to-day) management and control.
* Proven experience of working with product vendors to optimize a solution
* Working knowledge of JSP's, NATO STANAGs
* Proven experience of at least 1of the following customers UK MOD, NATO and Central Government
* Have worked and led small Technical Teams in both a development and delivery role.
* Knowledge of Enterprise Grade Certificate Services & PKI - either delivery or utilisation
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment.
This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"