Network Consultant / Solutions Architect - Enterprise WAN - Cisco
Base of up to £65k + 5k car allowance + generous commission structure.
This is a Network Solutions Architect vacancy with one of the most interesting, and most well-regarded IT Service Providers / Consultancies in the UK.
The business work in partnership with many household name brands, providing IT consultancy services, particularly within the domain of Cloud Services.
You will be joining a reasonably new and particularly high-calibre team, who own a consultancy / engagement process covering Enterprise Wide Area Networking.
You'll be responsible for WAN solution assessments, planning and high-level designs for the WAN team, also providing support for the solution selling cycle for the sales teams.
The position will involve:
- A mixture of home, office or client-based work. Generally you'll be in the office 1-2 days per week. Time at client sites is not normally more than 2-3 hour workshops so travel can be incorporated into your day.
- Production of detailed Statement of Works.
- Producing detailed, technical WAN tender documentation and bills of materials.
- First-class WAN networking skills together with a solid background in LAN Wireless / Security and Management / monitoring.
- Supporting the Sales Teams (Technical Sales Solution Production and Presentation).
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking / SD-WAN would be beneficial although is not a requirement.
You will need the following experience:
- Ideally CCNP/CCDP (Routing / Switching, and Security) level Knowledge, however we are more concerned with experience than qualifications.
- Experience designing complex enterprise WAN environments.
- Exposure or understanding of Software Defined WAN.
- Presales or consultant level experience
- Knowledge of MPLS IPVPN, DMVPN and / or Hybrid WAN deployments
- Excellent presentation and whiteboarding skills
- Ideally you'll have worked with or for an IT or WAN Service Provider / Consultancy.
The business has an extremely strong EBITDA and is currently looking for strategic takeovers. Staff are looked after well and the business has won numerous awards in support of their commitment to their people.
A genuinely interesting solution architecture vacancy working with a top performing consultancy offering very definite routes for career progression.
- Solution Architecture