Network Consultant (Cisco Security) - Gloucestershire - Up to £50,000
Henderson Scott are currently recruiting for a Network Security Consultant for our client a leading Cisco Solutions Provider and Gold Partner. The position is particularly focused on supporting any projects dealing with the delivery of end-to-end network security solutions and pre-sales activity, this included discussing client requirements and providing technical recommendations. Design and Implementations is a core element of the position, candidates must display the ability to provide end-to-end complex solutions. You will gain exposure to leading edge technologies and our client only works with best of breed vendors.
Training and development is a huge focus within the business, as well as being a fun and flexible place to work.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Assist customers with technical issues across the network infrastructure.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of security solutions using technologies primarily from Cisco.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of Palo Alto security technologies.
- Supports the sales team on technical briefings with clients.
- Support the operations team, act as a post-sales point of contact.
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring of other staff
- Hands on deployment of their knowledge of networking technologies.
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Cisco ISE (Identity Service Engine).
- Cisco ASA FirePower.
- Cisco Email Security.
- Cisco Umbrella Security Internet Gateway.
- Proofpoint NGFW
- Proofpoint email security.
- Palo Alto TRAPS experience.
- RSA SecureID two factor authentication.
- Basic understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g., can explain the functions of and differences among the link, network, transport, and application layers.
- Minimum of CCNA Security.
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal
- Flexibility to travel
Characteristics of success
- 5 years experience with Networking products
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
Apply now for immediate consideration.
As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
- Network Security
- Cisco Certified
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job