Working for this well known company you will be responsible for gathering Infrastructure requirements, working with subject matter experts to translate them into effective solution designs and ensuring that the solution implemented meets the defined requirements.
The role has responsibility for building relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders to gather requirements for new projects and services within the Infrastructure domain. Once requirements are understood the Infrastructure Design and Integration team are responsible for working with appropriate Subject Matter Experts to translate the requirements into a high level Infrastructure design and associated Bill of Materials that is aligned to business wide best practice.
- Ensure end to end completeness of Infrastructure Technical Design, including NFRs validated and realised.
- Ensure adherence to standards and influence solutions towards the Infrastructure future state model.
- Keeping up to date with business road maps, technology road maps and feeding wider business requirements into central infrastructure and engineering teams.
- Analysis of service related trends and recommendation of technology change or improvements that better fit business needs.
- Working with implementation teams to ensure that delivered solutions match customer requirements
- Any other tasks to ensure successful delivery towards the end customer
- Contribution to Infrastructure Service Catalogue
- You will have strong experience in the design & deployment of global WAN architectures, preferably with service provider level experience.
- Provide strategy & vision for all global network infrastructure including; the global WAN, Enterprise Network & Firewalling.
- You will have a strong technical background.
- Handle the design & deployment of video routing over multicast across entire global network.
- In-depth knowledge of security platforms including; Juniper, Checkpoint, Bluecoat.
- You will have demonstrable skills in designing architecture for large-scale global integration projects.
- You will be comfortable in translating business requirements into detailed network architecture designs.
- Highly proficient with the design and deployment of WAN routing protocols.
- Support the design & implementation of secure remote access solutions.
- Select appropriate hardware and software solutions to fulfil business needs, while providing scalable & cost effective solutions.
- Maintain design ownership of all global Network architecture
- Provide peer review & approval of designs provided by network & security architects.
- Fully adopt latest industry best practices and methodologies for all proposed solutions.
- Provide assistance to senior technical delivery team members
- JNCIE Certified or equivalent is highly recommended as is experience with both Cisco & Juniper Service Provider & Enterprise level equipment.
- Experience in TOGAF, Agile and waterfall are all advantages with experience in relevant consultancy and/or architecture roles.
- Network Infrastructure