Network Architect - CCIE JNCIE Telecoms
My client are truly a world leading telecommunications powerhouse, with state art offices in the heart of London with free gym, subsidised canteen they are seeking Network Architect to join their team. Someone with carrier experience ideally. A full benefits package and strong bonus are on offer.
The Network Architect will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the strategic network design. The Network Architect leads the definition of strategies, principles, and standards and interacts with key business stakeholders to ensure ongoing alignment with the business direction and objectives.
Responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
Develop a 3 - 5 Year Technology & Network Services Strategic Roadmap
- Take a leadership role in the selection of next generation networking technologies and services
- Work with telecom vendors on managed service offerings to identify opportunities to outsource low value-add network activities to a managed service provider
- Research, evaluate and approve vendor services and solutions
Network Architecture and Senior Design Authority
- Producing a "blueprint" for the future state of clients large-scale, integrated network that addresses business requirements, is scalable and provides material improvements in efficiency
- Reviews major project designs for standards compliance and architecture compliance
- Continually update understanding of business objectives and overall strategic direction as the business evolves through engagement with key internal & external stakeholders, including CTO, BU leadership, product management teams and key customers
- Communicate the role and value of the network to the organization and present the business case for technology investments.
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Develop design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices.
- Produce and / or endorse network standards
Required Experience & Skills
The individual should possess the following skills:
- Experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network technologies through achievement of Cisco CCIE /JNCIE or equivalent expertise
- Network Management and Automation
- Proven experience in routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF/IS-IS/ECMP) and Switching Protocols (STP/VLAN/VPN/MPLS), Network QoS and Security (ACL, Firewalls, QoS).
- Experience with either design and implementation and operation of large-scale enterprise deployments of network security infrastructures using a continuous improvement methodology while enforcing compliance standards.
Business / Leadership
- In-depth understanding of business strategy and ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus amongst many stakeholders
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to promote open communication and teamwork
- Ability to establish, implement and enforce appropriate policies & standards to meet business requirements
- Experience in a similar network architecture role within a medium/large enterprise with demonstrable success in achieving improved performance, cost efficiency, and standardization
Experience with large scale procurement of network services and oversight of managed service providers
- CCIE JNCIE NETWORK ARCHITECT TELECOMMUNICATIONS TELECOMS CISCO DESIGN