An excellent career opportunity has arisen within our Networks Services Team for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our friendly team.
We require an experienced Network Engineer to provide second and third line support for the UHDB network infrastructure. Spread over 7 sites in Derbyshire and Staffordshire, this includes traditional and converged data and voice network services, LAN, WAN, Wireless and associated security technologies.
Although the role will be based at Royal Derby Hospital, travel to the other UHDB sites is a requirement. Therefor you will be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, liaising with other Trust IT departments and user base to resolve BAU issues as well as involvement in project work.
You will need:
- Educated to Degree level standard, or equivalent experience working with the following network and IT technologies.
- Switching and routing protocols
- Network security products
- Cisco Wireless technologies
- Cisco switch, routers and firewalls
- VPN and remote access technologies
- Exposure to Data Centre technologies
- A Flexible approach and participate in an out of hours on-call service on a rota basis.
- Possess the ability to communicate complex information to peers. Discuss information clearly and concisely with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Have the ability to analyze, investigate and resolve IM&T matters exhibiting sound judgement when making decisions and comparing different options
- In possession of a current driver’s license holder
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 29 September 2020
Interview Date: 13 October 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Phil Saunders, Head of Network and Infrastructure Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'