Network Administrator required by financial services company to manage and administer the IT infrastructure of Networks, Servers and PCs and to deliver an efficient level of service to the wider business.
Network Administrator role reports to the Head of IT and offers a salary to £35k pa plus a range of benefits including a 35 hour week, healthcare, pension and 25 days holiday.
Network Administrator will oversee and maintain backup, disaster recovery and business continuity of systems and to manage the security of the Company’s IT and data assets utilizing appropriate firewall, cyber security and network security policies.
Network Administrator - Skills & experience
Network administration comprising the following core technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server (all versions)
- Microsoft Windows Desktops (all versions)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Active Directory - DNS, DHCP, WINS, Group Policy, DFS
- Network and cyber security methodology and risk mitigation
- VMWare, ESX, vSphere 6, vCentre
- Storage Area Network (SAN)
- HP Servers - HP Systems Insight Manager, Proliant, iLO
- VMWare AirWatch MDM
- Windows Server Update Services
- Trend Micro WFBS
- SQL Server
- Switches and routers
Network Administrator - Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Procurement, build, installation, administration and support of IT infrastructure (Servers, PCs, Networks, Telephone systems)
- Management and administration of IT security (internal servers, virus protection, perimeter firewalls, cyber security measures)
- Ensure business continuity though development of effective disaster recovery/business continuity facilities
- Administration and support of Internet services and technology (such as email, dns, ftp, LAN and WAN, cloud services)
- Development, administration and support for remote access capability and MDM
- Management of 3rd party support services
- As part of production control, schedule and run day end as necessary and provide cover for month and year end
Our client is easily commutable from Preston, Blackburn, Burnley and Lancaster and the successful candidate can look forward to working in a close-knit team offering excellent career scope.
- Active Directory
- Network Security