Network Administrator (Cisco) - Northrop Grumman
Are you CCNA accredited? Do you have experience in configuration and administration of Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Routers and Cisco Switches? We are seeking a Network Administrator for a permanent position in our Cheltenham office.
This person will be a key member of the Northrop Grumman Network team; developing,maintaining and troubleshooting the network which supports connectivity and applications throughout the EMEA region.
**For this role you must be willing and able to go through SC clearance**
Assist with the implementation/configuration and administration of networks and network devices for the medium-to-large enterprise network
Configure and administer the Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Meraki Wi-Fi, and other network devices
Own support calls assigned to the Network Team, ensuring timely and effective resolution in line with SLA/OLA guidelines
Proactively monitoring systems using the Enterprise tools to ensure uptime
Troubleshoot different protocols such as TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, VPN, QoS, DHCP and DNS
Work collaboratively across international teams as required
Respond to vulnerability issues and implement patches and upgrades as required
Undertake responsibilities as part of the Network Team on-call rota, and work flexibly to deliver out-of-hours planned and unplanned network changes
Work in accordance with the company procedures and methodology as a basic discipline
Adhere to Northrop Grumman policies, procedures and values, including adherence to ISO20000 & ISO27001 standards
Work closely with Server and Desktop team escalations as required in a timely manner to ensure end user continuity of access to the network
Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested
• An active CCNA/CCNP accreditation or working towards CCNP
• Previous experience of configuration and administration of Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, and other network devices such as Load balancers, WAN optimisers, and Wi-Fi environment
• Good experience of hardware, software and network connection troubleshooting
• Some experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Proven track record of troubleshooting different protocols such as TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, VPN, QoS, DHCP and DNS
• Experience with hosted and cloud environments
• Understanding Cloud Platforms (SaaS, IaaS) from a service perspective
• Knowledgeable in network security principles and various measures
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to meet the needs of a wide range of internal clients
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities to trouble-shooter level
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong customer service orientation
• Has a sense of urgency
It would be great if you had...
• Cisco Data Centre products: Nexus, MDS
• Storage: EMC SAN Storage
• F5 Load Balancer
• Riverbed WAN Optimiser
There may be a requirement on occasion to visit our other sites in the UK.
- Network Security
- Cisco Networking
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'