The Product Specialist is the link between the Commercial department, Vendors and Sales. The purpose of the role is to drive sales activity and boost GP by coordinating promotions, call out days and demos for the division / products which they are responsible for.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with vendors aligned to the products in their area of responsibility
- Arranging and attending structured monthly business reviews with all vendors
- Educating and training sales teams to ensure they are up to date on pricing, deals and new technologies in the products they are responsible for
- Planning, prioritising and coordinating call out days and promos to drive sales floor activity in agreement with the BM and sales managers
- Managing and leading call out days and promos by providing a presence, a focus and regular feedback to sales teams on activity against targets
- Training all new starters in the sales teams about the core technologies, specifications and selling points of the products for which they are responsible
- Identifying areas for development within the sales teams to improve product knowledge or sales ability of the products in their remit
- Coordinating on-going vendor training to meet the needs of the sales teams and new starters
- Ensuring all pricing and stock information on the system is accurate and up to date for their products
- Supporting the BM / PM to manage aged stock
- Demonstrating expert product knowledge and keeping up to date with new technologies and developments in the market they operate in
- Being aware of trends and market changes and how they may impact on business
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders in Sales, Commercial and Purchasing to ensure that communications and relations between the departments are effective
- Supporting the management of Vendor Bids within the business unit
- Effectively presenting to small groups using a variety of presentation methods to maintain group focus and demonstrating an awareness of audience engagement.
- Using internal systems to track performance.
- A proven track record of building relationships as an account manager in sales or in a similar role.
- Proven experience of achievement in a target driven environment
- The ability to recognise and focus on the key issues.
- An interest in the products in the area of responsibility
- Organisation skills - able to plan and prioritise own time and be self-motivated
- Ability to communicate with and influence key stakeholders, individuals and groups, at all levels
- Willingness to travel occasionally to all Micro P locations to facilitate learning and development interventions as required
Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct
- Product Specialist experience
- Willingness to progress professionally into a wider commercial role
- Engaging and credible presentation skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job