nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and our central service support teams are on hand to provide the necessary support and guidance. You don’t have to wear a hard hat to have a positive impact here. Our central service functions range from ICT and Procurement to HR and Communications ensuring the seamless integration across our business.
We're looking to recruit a .Net Developer to work on a varied workload of projects and change requests. We build, host and maintain the majority of our systems and applications; supporting our head offices and our teams out in the field. Our development teams are responsible for reviewing business requirements and translating these into business enhancing, mobile first, applications that we then build and implement in line with industry best practice standards. We host our own cloud and manage our own infrastructure which enables us to be innovative and stay ahead in our industry.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Working on business approved projects
- Interpret requirements into working code
- Liaising with operational teams to ensure successful delivery
- Provide accurate timescales and updates to Project Coordinator
- Communicate and escalate issues to Lead and Project Coordinator, where required
- Supporting released projects for an outlined period
- Working with operational teams to understand 'real’ errors and rectify accordingly
- Support the transition into support once project has moved into the production environment
- Other activities
- Follow the Secure Development Policy and Development Standards
- Work within a team
- Daily Stand-ups to track progress and be proactive with issues
- Expanding knowledge and experience of the systems used by nmcn Plc staff
The experience we're looking for
- .Net Framework and/or .Net Core
- SQL Server and T-SQL
- Working with Git
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Classic ASP is desirabe
- Knowledge and experience working with Frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience working with Design Patterns.
- Proven track record delivering to requirements and expectations.
- Candidates must have proven experience in managing small development teams
- Proven working history with Business-Critical systems is desirable.
- An excellent communicator both verbal and written (including tact and diplomacy)
- Be able to write clean and maintainable code (in line with coding standards and best practice), with relevant comments
- Be proactive
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven 'can do’ attitude
- Be collaborative and forward thinking; maintaining a healthy knowledge of industry changes and technology advancements
- Challenge the status quo
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme (buy up to 10 additional annual leave days per year)
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Private healthcare
- Part remote working
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Free onsite parking
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'