A talented Developer is required to join the Analytics Technology function at Willis Towers Watson in either our London Lime Street or Ipswich office. Using Agile methodologies, you'll work in an innovative cross-functional team responsible for using leading edge technologies to design, build and support web based analytical solutions.
You will use your practical experience to hit the ground running and contribute to developing high quality code to help meet our complex business requirements.
The successful applicant will report to the Analytics Technology Development Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key role in developing the change capabilities of a global financial services organisation, where the focus will be on practical delivery and reacting to the highest value business needs.
Note that some travel may be required as part of the engagement with business and technology stakeholders.
To maintain an awareness of technology trends both within and outside of the organisation, including:
- Sufficient understanding of enterprise architecture to ensure enhancements and solution redesigns are in line with the enterprise vision
- Providing health-check recommendation for the ongoing 'fit-for-purpose’ state of our service
- Working to defined Development best practices and principles to enable Willis Towers Watson to deliver industry-leading technology solutions
- To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- Good knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles, including DI and decoupled design
- Ensuring quality through unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Experience of Agile methodologies (one or more of Scrum / Kanban / XP, etc.)
- First-rate communication skills and the ability to apply these to rapid and creative problem solving in a pressurised environment
- Experience of understanding complex business processes, involving multiple stakeholder groups and perspectives
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage priorities and take responsibility for delivering to time and quality requirements
- BSc degree qualified educated in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Science or Computer Science)
- Experience of working in a financial services organisation, preferably with exposure to the insurance industry / insurance broking.
- Exposure to Microsoft TFS agile planning tools including build and release management
- Experience of working with Azure Cloud Services
- Experience of service based development using technologies such as WCF, Web API and RESTful services
- Experience engaging and influencing business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- Catastrophe Modelling Experience (RMS, EQECAT, etc.)
- Exposure to NOSQL technologies (such as Couchbase or Mongo DB)
- Experience of performance tuning and optimising techniques
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job