Specialist eCommerce company based in South Manchester, accessible to all due to a really good public transport network as well as lots of parking available on site just outside the door. It’s a really well-known company and a company with a great reputation who have been trading for many, many years now.
They have an immense passion for tech, a massive focus on the customer journey and they really want to further develop their reputation for having the best sites, products and software. It’s a key time for the business and this role will offer a significant level of control and ownership across both the team and technology. If you’re the type of person who likes to go to meet up’s, hackathons etc and you’ve got experience with high volume sites or an eCommerce background this could be the ideal role for you!
What the role involves:
- Leading a team of 6/7 C# developers and possibly a couple of testers depending on your experience
- Introduce and promote better Agile practices into the business - ideally you’ll be a big fan of the Agile way of working, if you’re Scrum Master certified or have taken on the role of Scrum Master this would be a massive plus point
- Driving the team to deliver new features across eCommerce sites and working to enhance all products and internal business applications - there’s a long list of projects you’ll be taking on from day 1!
- On average it will be a 70/30 split between coding and line management - line management will include work allocation, appraisals, disciplinary’s etc.
- Leading future product development and the build of new web applications - you’ll be responsible for the design architecture and planning the build alongside their Project Manager
- Working closely with a range of teams across the business, especially marketing, SEO and customer service to deliver any changes which are going to bring in further business
Who this would suit:
- A senior or lead developer with a good level of team management experience
- An experienced development manager with a passion for all things Agile and who still loves to code!
If you love tech I really can’t stress how much of a good opportunity this is, the ball will very much be in your court and they NEED you to say what they should do, what techs they should use and what approach they should take. You’ll report directly to the MD who has a strong eCommerce background and who has worked for some of the big names out there who are known for their cutting edge technology.
If you’ve got management experience and still very much code day in, day out and enjoy doing so please get in touch straight away! The salary is circa £55,000 plus a 5% bonus on top and the usual flexible working hours, 25 days holiday and pension to boot!
Send across your CV to apply - Becca Woods over at Chassam Recruitment is the contact on this one and is exclusively managing this vacancy for the client.
- Web Applications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job