As a .Net developer, you will analyse, develop and test all areas of the technology using appropriate processes, methods and standards. Working in a Scrum agile environment, developers provide technological steerage and software advancement for PSL, its clients, subsidiaries and other group members to meet project goals. You will be involved in all aspects of the development process, taking responsibility for their own work and working to ensure the success of the team’s sprints. Typically working a 35-hour week, you may occasionally be asked to work outside of normal hours to assist in product releases.
- Undertake development and delivery of systems.
- Execute suitable unit testing for all development and contribute to the planning of appropriate testing by the test team.
- Provide support for existing systems in PSL.
- Produce suitable design proposals for all new development in association with the rest of the scrum team.
- Produce technical documentation to support the development, improvement and running of systems, including adoption of new technologies.
- Contribute to best practice in development of the software and of processes within the scrum team.
- Support other members of the team with peer reviews and take full part in the appraisal process.
- Provide updates to line management and the team on the progress of work during daily stand-ups and meetings.
- Ensure compliance to IT controls in all activities undertaken
- Demonstrate displaying energy and commitment in all you do.
- Demonstrate the ability to change focus quickly to support the needs of the business - including covering for other roles where required.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by your Line Manager.
- Be prepared to review constructively work undertaken by other staff members.
- Developers act as a point of referral to junior developers and assist in their development.
- Develop suitable relationships with business users to aid full understanding of business requirements.
Key Performance Indicators
- Support the Scrum team in the successful planning and delivery of sprints.
- Deliver new software systems and components to agreed levels of quality and in the agreed timescales to ensure project success.
- To provide reliable estimates of the effort required to develop new systems and functionality.
- Follow best practise in development and unit testing of software to ensure minimal defect count in both QA and in the live environment.
- To provide input to the design and analysis process to avoid re-work and re-specification of systems mid-project.
- All Service Level Agreements are to be maintained across the department and all documented business processes followed.
- Show improvement in key technical skills through personal learning and use of company training systems.
- Contribute to improving the effectiveness of the PSL scrums via best practise and improved efficiency.
- Software developers require a minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a professional software developer.
- A senior software developer requires at least 5 years’ experience working as a professional software developer.
- Proficiency in C# Programming, .Net 4.5 plus experience in at least one of:
- Web Services (WCF and Web API)
- MVC 4+, Entity Framework 5+
- Visual Studio
- MS SQL Server
- Understanding and experience of the software development life cycle, agile methodology (especially Scrum).
- Demonstrates a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Good formal and informal communications ability both orally and in writing.
- Flexible and able to absorb rapidly new information / change in plans.
- Capable of assisting other team members.
- Familiar with relevant programming methods, techniques, procedures and controls.
- Is performance driven and can motivate others to be the same.
- Good appreciation of the wider field of IT.
- Able to handle change well.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Web navigation/user interface design.
- Insurance knowledge (preferably personal lines experience).
- Use of SOAP UI testing utility.
- Use of issue management tools such as Jira.
- Interested in playing a key role within a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Must be a team player, with the ability to take the lead in projects.
- Must be conscientious and challenge driven.
- Effective and focussed under pressure.
- Great attention to detail.
- Practical & Innovative.
Please apply online - no agencies
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'