We are an independent, market leading commercial insurance brokerage. We arrange high quality cover and provide intelligent insurance solutions to UK businesses and have done so for over 25 years and are looking for someone to join our IT team!
The role will be to design, develop and implement applications which provide solutions to business problems.
- Display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments.
- Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Programming knowledge.
- C# and VB.Net.
- SQL Server.
- Knowledge of.net, visual studio and Nunit.
- Experience of SVN, TeamCity and Analysis Services.
- Understanding of OOP principles.
- Knowledge of design patters; TDD, SOLID.
- General data warehousing work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with team of developers to extend and maintain in-house system.
- Consult with clients about business requirements.
- Build applications to client specifications.
- Customise current applications in line with changing business needs.
- Evaluate performance of applications.
- Test and implement system updates.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality and organisation.
- Problem Solving