At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 70 years. With our atmospheric, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and technologies, we supply innovative solutions to energy, environmental and emerging markets around the world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a .NET Developer to join our highly performing Hersham based Team. Reporting into the team lead in the IT Applications organization, your role will be to develop application solutions that leverage the Microsoft Technology stack, which includes .NET. You will be involved in a wide range of challenging IT projects. You will investigate evolving Microsoft tools and technologies, participate in the development of IT's overall application development strategy and will provide input to the use of these technologies within the team.
As the NET Developer, you will:
- Develop application solutions for a wide variety of challenging IT projects
- Determine technical requirements of projects to ensure that client specifications are met
- Work closely with Infrastructure teams during implementation of solutions
- Participate in quality assurance aspects of projects
- Leverage skills to develop proof-of-concepts for projects, and when needed utilize advanced programming techniques for complex situations
- Help to facilitate the exchange of technical knowledge across the Global IT technical community
As the .NET Developer, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Information Technology or in a related technical discipline (e.g., Engineering or Science)
- Proven hands-on experience in developing solutions with Microsoft technologies
- Knowledge of IT system development, IT infrastructure and business processes
- Knowledge of software development tools, technologies and methodologies
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge and experience in applying object-oriented design and implementation
- Development experience with Microsoft's .NET Framework and Visual Studio IDE, using C# as the development language
- Knowledge and experience with project methodologies, e.g. ALM or Agile
- General experience with XML and schemas (DTD, XSD); XML programming, relational database technologies and programming, e.g. SQL Server
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return, we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development. If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.