Job reference number 81633
Royal Mail Group (RMG) are building a .net centre of excellence as part of their ongoing transformation. This role is a key enabler in allowing RMG to build an internal capability to build .net based applications that are capable of operating at enterprise scale with significant transaction volumes and users.
- The .net developer is responsible for delivering highly efficient software solutions into a complex IT estate
- Applying architectural and engineering concepts to implement solutions that meet business requirements, considering scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Able to create and interpret technical architectures using standard tools and techniques for modelling
- Identify the technologies to employ and take responsibility for the delivery of software solutions
- Work with standard software development lifecycles and the RMG programme lifecycle framework
- Assurance of supplier solutions to ensure compliance with requirements and procurements
- Able to bring the experience and ideas the will help the Royal Mail deliver large scale modernisation programmes
- A confident communicator – verbally and in code
- A capable generalist with a holistic approach to engineering challenges
- Committed to the values of software craftsmanship
- Identification of improvement opportunities
- Ability to adapt and innovate
- A primary focus on the Microsoft .net language and technology stack with experience of integration into a diverse range of platforms and services including EAI, remote resources, data storage, messaging, solution accelerators, frameworks and 3rd party libraries
- Demonstrable experience in designing and developing enterprise class systems operating with very high transactional and user volumes
- Ability to develop extensible, testable and maintainable code
- Is skilled in both server side and client side technologies
- Understands the challenges of enterprise software development
- Track record in delivering high volume, low latency distributed software solutions
- Is familiar with current programing paradigms and patterns
- Is following the Microsoft .net technology roadmap with interest
- Comfortable working in a variety of development methodologies from iterative and incremental to waterfall
- Ability to influence the technology, standards and tooling choices that will positively contribute to solution delivery
- Experience in solution delivery including analysis, design, implementation, testing and support
This role could be based in either London or Milton Keynes.
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of more than £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 22/02/2018
Developer, .NET, Engineer, Information Technology, Programmer, Technology, Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job