Our client is a global Information Technology firm, seeks a NET Developer with ASP.NET 2015, MVC and SQL Server 2008/2014 experience to be a member of their development team and contribute to a variety of development projects. The Developer will participate in technical and business architectural brainstorming, design specifications, and recommendations related to delivering software products. This person will be integral part of a development team supporting our growing Information Technology (IT) Migration software solutions.
- Understand the focus and direction of the company applications, and be one of the primary contributors in designing and implementing the future state systems and the implementation of our technology roadmap.
- Be involved with the full life cycle of the products - design solutions for efficiency, scalability, extensibility and performance; support system integration testing and defect fixing
- Responsible for hands-on design and coding work as well collaboration with the development team.
- This position will report to our London office, but must be accessible to clients throughout the NY Metropolitan Area.
- This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training, and performance-based bonuses.
The Position - Relevant Experience
Critical to this position is good practical experience and professional level knowledge in design and development on the Microsoft platform with hands-on programming skills in .Net and C#. The successful candidate will have had previous experience as a .Net Programmer with particular experience in web development and C#.
- Proficient in Microsoft .NET development environment and tools experience (ASP.Net Core 2.0 with React/Redux and Bootstrap), as well as having a good understanding of database and middleware technologies.
- Proficient with use of MVC, C# and Entity Framework Core
- Experience with RESTful API is desired
- Professional technical design skills and be well versed with OOP design concepts and design patterns and SOA designs.
As a developer to build and deploy the next generation of applications, we require that this individual be a self-motivated individual, with client interface, requirement generation, coding, test preparation, application rollout and support experience.
- Participate and provide technical guidance through the entire development life cycle of the products.
- Responsible for hands-on work as well as collaborating with other development team members.
- Participate in each phase of the development cycle, including Design, Coding, Implementing, and Unit Testing.
- Able to style web pages, and cleanup look and feel of an application.
- Provide production support as needed and work with other team members as a technical advisor to solve new and existing technical issues.
- Consult with internal and external clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features and input / output requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Maintain data and application integrity during application enhancements.
- At least 2 years of experience focusing on full lifecycle enterprise application development.
- A broad mix of technical experience including software design, application and database integration, technology migrations, SDLC, various software design patterns, and additional methodologies is helpful.
- Extensive SDLC experience and knowledge of architectural design best practices.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014.
- Experience with Dapper or Entity Framework is a plus, or MSQue.
- Experience with Powershell is a plus
- Experience with PERL is a plus
- Firm grasp of relational database concepts, including experience in data normalization, data modeling, packages, stored procedures, and functions, and Entity Framework.
- Ability to interpret functional specifications, as well as ability to document technical or functional specifications.
- Must be able to operate under limited supervision and work independently.
The successful candidate will be offered competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, benefits, paid vacation, and participation in a bonus plan.
In building our business, Asset Point has enjoyed success through maintaining our culture. The successful candidate will build and run a culture with the following traits:
- We place a premium on low egos.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- We seek creativity/innovation - and a need-to-achieve excellence.
- We are goal orientated and hold each other accountable to set and meet shared goals.
- We take a "roll-up shirtsleeves" approach ("just do it").
- Competence through deed and not talk.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your up to date CV as soon as possible to Kate Evans quoting reference number GP126
We look forward to hearing from you