Our client, a Social Housing Association who provide dynamic, innovative and ambitious housing solutions across the North West is currently recruiting for a Neighbourhood Officer on a temporary contract for two months initially in Manchester. The role is due to start immediately and will be for 35 hours per week. The salary for this role is competitive.
The ideal candidate must have experience of tenancy management for a patch of properties and have a full UK Driving License and access to a car. For further information please contact Lee Matravers.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Responsible for management of identified neighbourhoods, their environment and customers
* Champion fantastic neighbourhoods, working with partner agencies, voluntary agencies and residents
* Develop and maintain strong, positive working relationships between all relevant internal teams in order to ensure the delivery of a first class, seamless customer service
* Ensure a flexible and proactive approach is taken to hours of operation in order to establish and maintain contact with identified residents
* Intensive management of specific residents whose behaviour and is showing signs of deteriorating and where intervention and/or enforcement action is required
* Sign up all new customers ensuring tenancy conditions are fully explained and application for housing benefit is made
* Provide input into preparation, monitoring and evaluation of neighbourhood budgets and spend as deemed appropriate
* Inspect neighbourhoods on a planned basis, dealing with all issues identified including untidy gardens, open areas, fly tipping, litter graffiti, repairs, abandoned vehicles, abandoned properties, dog fouling, vandalism etc
* Carry out informal Fire Risk Assessment visits on a planned basis ensuring appropriate action taken and records updated
* Conduct visits to residents’ homes as required to carry out property inspections, tenancy audits and address any tenancy related issues including arrears, assignments, conversions, initial, pre-tenancy termination visits and to collect keys at tenancy end etc
* Investigate incidents of anti-social behaviour in an effective and efficient manner, in partnership with other organisations, taking appropriate action as required
* Attend resident meetings and Customer Involvement events, arranging and facilitating focus groups, service excellence forums and open meetings with residents as required
* Actively encourage the participation of customers in Customer Involvement Events and to shape services, removing barriers to involvement and participation
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of James Andrews Recruitment Solutions who are operating as an employment agency and business. James Andrews Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Social Housing
- Tenancy Management