Location: Leicester based with travel to Mansfield
Salary: £ 27,864
Hours: 35 hours per week
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property - it’s about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 23,000 homes and employ 600-plus staff.
Our success and plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff. Every one of our employees helps to make a positive difference to the lives of our residents.
We are looking for a Neighbourhood Coordinator to join our team based in Leicester reporting into the Neighbourhood Team Manager. In this role you will be required to travel most days and this will include the Mansfield area. In order to be considered you will need to;
- Act as PA Housing’s ambassador, building positive relationships with residents to ensure their homes and local communities are desirable places to live.
- Take responsibility for a neighbourhood, liaising with other colleagues to aim for 'right first time’ resolution of tenancy and estate issues and to lead on building positive communities within their neighbourhood.
- Complete regular visits to tenants during their Starter Period to encourage positive relationships within their neighbourhood and across PA Housing services.
- Build strong links with residents and the communities through mobile working, aiming to spend at least 70% of time out in the neighbourhood
- Lead on community investment and resident involvement work in your neighbourhood utilising support from the resident involvement team.
- Work closely with the estate services team to deliver effective contractor monitoring and swift resolution to environmental issues such as graffiti and rubbish removal.
- Identify and refer safeguarding concerns, vulnerable residents, abuse, exploitation and updates on anti-social behaviour to the Tenancy Solutions team.
- Identifying funding and opportunities to enhance the neighbourhood and communities.
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and success is dependent on enthusiastic and committed colleagues. We make sure they feel supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable all colleagues to fulfil their potential.
We reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent range of employee benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement on joining, plus bank holidays, (pro-rated for part time roles)
- Opportunities to develop your career through training, including gaining professional qualifications, career coaching, mentoring etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Perkbox - High street discounts
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Our Leicester office is located 3 miles from the M1 and the M69 and 1 mile from Leicester railway station
The role of Neighbourhood Coordinator requires the successful candidate to complete a basic DBS check. A basic DBS check will show any unspent convictions.
So why do we need to know this information? A Neighbourhod Coordinator will be required to visit / support PA Housing residents in their own homes on a regular basis. Therefore we have a duty to our residents to ensure that we have taken precautions regarding who will be visiting them and representing PA Housing.
Having unspent convictions will not necessarily preclude you from being recruited into the role; if you are potentially the successful candidate, we will complete a risk assessment with you to understand the circumstances around your conviction, how relevant they are to the post you have applied for and what remedial action , if any, have you have taken since your conviction. Suitable references will also need to be obtained prior to commencement of employment.
If you require any of the attachments in a different format or you require support with the application process please do not hesitate to contact us either via the email address or phone number below.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from minority groups and with a disability.
AGENCIES: We know where you are if we need your support so please do not contact us.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 20th October
Interview dates: TBC
Sunday 20 October 2019
- Co Ordinator
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'