Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.5 million customers and employing over 3000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester.
We now have an opportunity in our Causation Team in Bexhill. As a Negotiator within the Causation Team, (within the Insight Department) your role purpose is to process new and existing claims, third party personal injury, litigation, technical claims and suspected fraudulent Causation matters, through specialist investigation and negotiation with all interested parties in order to validate the claim.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Working within a team to ensure performance, quality and service needs are met on a day to day basis.
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards and regulations at all times including Data Protection, FCA and TCF.
- Communicating via telephone (incoming and outbound calls) and written correspondence with policyholder, keeping them updated of all material developments, witnesses, engineers, insurers, solicitors, engineers, third party representatives, medical experts, forensic accountants, rehabilitation providers, case managers, overseas handling agents, investigators, medical agencies, costs draughtsmen, CRU, Counsel, police authorities and third parties in order to bring about resolution of claims.
- To make effective use of diary system within IS2000 in order to maintain proactive approach to claims handling.
- Investigating liability where required, by telephone enquiries, accident report forms, instructing accident investigators, applying for police reports or any other necessary investigations.
- Making decisions on liability, admitting, disputing or negotiating split settlements.
- Registering claim with CRU, maintaining up to date Certificates, notifying of settlement, querying any inaccurate benefits and paying any amounts due.
- Instructing and liaising with appointed medical agencies on both represented and unrepresented injury claims.
In order to be considered for this role you will have/be:
- Ability to identify inconsistencies between various documents/evidence
- Effective communications skills with external organisations to include other insurers, solicitors and authorities and excellent Negotiation skills
- Proven knowledge of Third Party claims handling (essential)
- Proven knowledge of insurance industry. (essential)
- Experience with Fraud. (desirable and advantage)
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and company principles. (Essential).
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes, with the opportunity to progress and develop your career.
If this sounds like you then please don't hesitate and apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job