POSITION: NDT Engineer
The company is a leading supplier of precision engineered components and assemblies to the aerospace and power generation industries. They are looking to appoint a NDT inspector who will provide a thorough and diligent NDT inspection service. Working closely with Supervision and Engineering/Quality staff you will apply company and customer standards over a range of processes to ensure the continued reputation of the company as a supplier of high quality product to their clients
Main responsibilities will include
* NDT inspection operations in accordance with customer specifications (e.g. Rolls-Royce, RPS700 magnetic particle and RPS702 dye penetrant)
* Maintain all records and traceability as required and liaise with the nominated level 3 accredited person where applicable.
* Assist with external and internal audits
* Maintain personal certification / accreditation for the above by means of the stipulated written and practical examinations.
* Undertake the chemical processing of components in accordance with process requirements to include: de-contamination, etching, passivate etc.
* On occasion, undertake manual inspection operations using standard equipment e.g. hard gauging, DTI's etc as requested.
* Undertake inspection operations: eg Polishing / blasting / part marking / SQVP / surface coatings / finishes
* Ensure there are no delays to forecasted delivery dates to customers
* Liaise with Production and Quality Engineering on technical issues.
* Be proactive with regards to problem solving, suggesting potential improvements as appropriate.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- dye penetrant
- Magnetic particle
- Non Destructive Test