National Citizen Service (NCS)
Salary ranging between £1168.50 -£1559.50 per programme
The National Citizen Service is a youth programme for 16 and 17 year olds launched nationwide in 2013. Participants experience residential activities away from home and team-based skill building sessions, before developing their own Social Action Project (SAP) designed to benefit their local communities. NCS aims to create a more cohesive, engaged and responsible society.
Taking part will result in young people:
- learning some new skills
- meeting new people
- making a real difference to the community or an issue they care about
National Citizen Service will take place during the summer at the end of Year 11 and 12. It will run for four weeks full-time, including two weeks away from home. After that, participants complete 2 weeks of Social Action in their community.
Working in a team, young people will have the chance to take part in exciting outdoor activities like coasteering, canoeing and abseiling.
Participants also get the opportunity to design and deliver their own project in their local community. This could mean working with other young people to improve the area where they live, benefiting everyone who lives there.
National Citizen Programme (NCS)
- NCS is a 4-week personal development programme for 16-17 year olds in Year 11/12. Teams of up to 15 young people take part in a challenging and action-packed programme, a major part of which involves a social action project in the community.
- NCS Teams are made up of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. This Team 'mix’ is a unique ingredient, which contributes to the development of all Team members.
- The NCS Team develops confidence, motivation and skills and offers young people the opportunity to gain qualifications. Taking part will result in young people learning some new skills, meeting new people, making a real difference to the community or an issue they care about.
- NCS activities are carried out under the guidance of the Delivery Workers who ensures a supportive learning environment, which is vital to successful personal development.
Context of Work
NCS is delivered nationally by a network of 'DeliveryPartners’, organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors who are committed to the development of young people. Delivery Partners work within the NCS Trust guidelines to deliver a programme of the highest quality in partnership with a regional delivery partner.
Purpose of Job
To lead a Team of individuals with support of another Delivery Worker through the NCS programme. The Delivery Worker facilitates and encourages young people’s achievements, while guiding each NCS member on an individual learning journey.
Delivery Worker Person Specification
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- The ability to provide leadership in a challenging environment
- The ability to provide a positive role model for young people
- Organisational and administration skills and self-motivation
- Enthusiasm, stamina and a willingness to work unsociable hours when necessary
- The capacity to engage with people at all levels
- Commitment to motivate and inspire disaffected young people to achieve their potential
- Experience of working with groups of young people
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities Legislation and an understanding of, and commitment to work within, the principles of diversity
- Effective time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries with young people
- First Aid trained or willing to complete training
- Demonstrate an empathy with and commitment to the work of Young Gloucestershire
- Experience of dealing with a range of issues facing young people from a variety of backgrounds
DATES: There are a number of options for Summer 2019:
1st July - 26th July - Gloucestershire
8th July - 2nd August - Gloucestershire
15th July - 9th August - Gloucestershire22nd July - 16th August -<
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'