We are currently seeking a Naval Architect/Structural Engineer to join a reputable marine, oil and gas engineering company on a permanent basis in Hampshire. Our client provides and array of multi-disciplinary engineering and design services to corporations throughout the UK and USA. They are a growing operation with an increasing workload, and are therefore seeking an enthusiastic and skilled candidate to join their team.
The selected Naval Architect/Structural Engineer will be reporting to the Director of Ship Design and Engineering, and will have a variety of significant responsibilities including:
- Initiating, supervising and distributing structural analysis, development, appraisal and modification of ship and marine structures
- Preparing and submitting bid documents, and delivering projects to fulfil client requirements (including time and budget)
- Producing sound and cost effective designs
- Reviewing and approval of structural design proposals
- Ensuring all work is carried out, checked and approved by the companyâ€™s Quality Management System
- Conducting design review meetings to assure that technical objectives are being achieved
- Preparing robust and precise specifications for new vessels, modifications and conversion work
- Assisting the Business Development team with in preparing any bid documents and proposals that require technical input and cost estimates
- Leading on-site teams with structural surveys, testing and other site activities
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- BEng and MEng, Msc or equivalent in Naval Architecture, Ship Science or other relevant subject
- Leadership experience on ship orientated structural projects, and ability to delegate work effectively
- Project management experience of large contracts/projects
- Experience of conceptual merchant ship design, including budget estimation
- Solid engineering background, with demonstrable knowledge of vessel structure
- Understanding of machinery and systems enabling effective technical solutions to be developed
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Knowledge of other technical software e.g. AutoCAD, ANSYS, Solidworks, NAPA etc.
- Experience using Microsoft Project would be desirable
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Ashley Clarke on or email Ashley.Clarke @Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 12741AC Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
- Structural Engineer
- Naval Architect
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job