National Operations Manager (Refrigeration)
For our client, it’s their people that make them one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. They operate in over 3,500 stores, distribution centres, banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With their comprehensive induction and technical competency plan, they invest in training for their field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across their estate. They create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support they offer.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, they’ve got it covered. Their Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support field engineers to get the job done. Their Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability. Everything they do is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for their customers.
Position: National Refrigeration Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: The right tools and equipment to help support employees every day. Uniform and personal protection equipment to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment. Support from a large regional team. A fantastic package with regular deals, discounts and offers. Training, qualifications and support to continue to build a successful career. A variety of work where no two days are the same.
About the role:
Leading a team of Maintenance Managers and Technicians, the National Refrigeration Manager delivers exceptional service and support to customers across the retail stores. Working flexibly and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to provide professional maintenance and repair services.
The Manager will proactively look for opportunities to use their technical skills and those of the team to improve both the service provided and the experience for stakeholders. A core responsibility of the role is to deliver all associated services, planned and reactive maintenance to the stores in order to provide a safe and well-maintained workplace for colleagues.
- Developing a safety culture
- Delivering great standards and ensuring compliance to all internal policies and applicable legislation
- Developing and delivering an annual improvement plan
- Ensuring the execution and close out of planned maintenance and reactive tasks is to a high professional standard
- Provide a focal point for all technical property enquiries for key stakeholders and managing these relationships by including regular meeting and site visits
- Managing relationships with key Property Managers from Engineering, Capital, Property and Safety teams to ensure a comprehensive maintenance service is delivered to standards and specifications
- Contract relationship management with external maintenance suppliers and contract budget delivery
- Developing and managing department annual maintenance budgets across all disciplines and delivering to the agreed spend
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working environment, maintain and review Maintenance health and safety policies and procedures for Maintenance colleagues and suppliers
- Review the operation of the maintenance teams to improve service delivery, align to new standards and procedures while ensuring best value for money
- Provide an environment conducive to learning, and ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and are able to reach their full potential
- Provide incident response / management and root-cause analysis for any maintenance related incident
- Delivering monthly, project and ad hoc reports
- Putting community, customer and colleague’s welfare at the heart of each project
- Delivering change across my business area to consistently deliver performance and improve productivity
- Experience of running a fast-moving maintenance department with evidence of work in a Refrigeration, Mechanical or AC discipline
- Relevant City and Guilds level 3 trade certificate
- ONC / NHC in a mechanical discipline
- Professional accreditation
- Health & Safety qualification IOSH / NEBOSH
- Management of remote teams
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Leadership and people management experience
You may have experience of the following: Site Maintenance Manager, Facilities Manager, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Electrical Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance, Site Manager, Site Management, Facilities Management, Health and Safety, NEBOSH, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.