If you seek a career that enables you to make a difference to others' lives, while working at the forefront of biotechnology alongside the top minds in this field, then this is the company for you.
Our client is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world. They foster an inclusive environment of diverse, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win.
We have a role working as a National Sales Manager within a specialist biologics team overseeing the launch phase of some very exciting drugs.
Leading the UK team of Biosimilars Account Managers, this role has full responsibility and accountability for the Biosimilars Business in the UK, providing direct and indirect leadership of the Biosimilar team.
- Develop strategic customer and market insights and an understanding of the Biosimilar Business brand plans in order to determine the most effective plan to meet affiliate goals
- Conduct a detailed analysis and assessment of the Key Accounts to understand the local/regional access issues and health priorities
- Map key clinical opinion leaders and other stakeholders, and understand the political and relationship issues within the wider Healthcare Economy
- Conduct an analysis of brand strategy to ensure plans are aligned and prioritised
- Lead the segmentation process of accounts/customer groups and understand each account's significance in the short and long-term national success
- Account Manager Performance/Execution of National Strategy
- Manages the process of building territory account plans in line with National goals and priorities
- Monitors, evaluates Biosimilar Account Manager standards to maximize effectiveness from a quantitative and qualitative perspective
- Ensures all activities agreed within the plan are implemented to completion within time, cost, compliance and quality constraints
- Monitors progress against the plan through metrics and management information, and adherence to reporting requirements
- Maintains effective collaboration with Marketing, Medical and other cross-functional teams to ensure alignment, progress updates and knowledge sharing
- Monitors and evaluates Biosimilar Account Manager standards from a compliance perspective
- Plan, organise and implement activities that promote and optimise team and individual performance, development and engagement
- Plan, organise and implement activities that ensure clarity, direction and motivation of the team in accordance with the Standards for Leading Teams and leadership attributes
- Ensure team are trained and adhere to relevant IPHA compliance standards and procedures
- Lead team in the spirit of and by example with our client's culture and values
- Develops a culture of coaching and a high visibility of in-field training
- Builds a personal target list of influential opinion leaders who need to be seen in line with corporate objectives
- Demonstrates strong disease area and product knowledge
- Commercial/Biosimilar and/or Inflammation Pharmaceutical experience
- Strong track record in related roles such as secondary care sales representative
- In depth knowledge of UK environment
- Knowledge of legal and compliance environment (ABPI qualified)
- Graduate in healthcare or business discipline
- Must possess a full drivers licence
- Experience of working in Oncology/Inflammation/Biosimilars
- In depth knowledge of Biotech or Biologics industry
- Post graduate qualification
- Experience within tenders
- Experience in access
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.