Our client is a successful, established mortgage lender based in the East Midlands who are recruiting for a National Development Manager to lead their Intermediary Sales team. Off the back of a record year of lending, this is a great opportunity to work in an autonomous role, in a relatively small environment and have a real input in to the success of the business.
You will be responsible for the achievement of business objectives and standards for introduced mortgage business, actively and positively promoting the mortgage lender and its products and services, as well as its ethos and culture.
The main focus of the role is:
- To produce business propositions for consideration by the Head of Products & Savings, Commercial Development Executive, Product Committee and Board.
- To deliver sales revenue, including the targeted product mix and margin, at an acceptable level of risk.
- To develop relationships with new and existing mortgage brokers, packagers and large distributors to promote the lender and encourage placement of business, partnering and joint business opportunities.
- To achieve targets of new business within budgeted margins, risk profiles and income drivers by communicating and explaining information on our products, criteria and lending policy.
- To manage and develop a professional Intermediary Sales Team that provides the highest levels of service to their broker clients.
Skills & Experience required are:
- Previous experience in an Account Manager role or Broker development role
- Strong awareness of niche, specialist lending within UK residential mortgage markets
- Strong underwriting knowledge would be an advantage
- Be a competent user of IT software
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
- Strong administration skills
- Excellent and verbal communication skills
As this role involves a lot of travelling from a base in the East Midlands, you must have a UK driving license and car.
- Mortgage Lending
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job