NCS Delivery Provider - Learn by Design
National Citizen Service is a once in a lifetime unique opportunity for 15-17 year olds. NCS helps build skills for work and life; the young persons will be introduced to new challenges, working in a team where they’ll create new friendships. Our programme operates during the summer and half term for young persons in Bristol, Bath and Swindon.
NCS works in 4 phases:
- Phase 1: A 5-day residential programme taking part in team building and action activities
- Phase 2: A 5-day residential programme learning life skills
- Phase 3: A 5-day social action project in the local community
- Phase 4: A celebration for the young people to receive their NCS certificate
What You Will Do: A typical day in the life of….
- To patrol the site at University Hall of Residence, making sure that all participants are quiet and inside their accommodation.
- To work with Team Leaders to resolve any issues that arise during the night.
- Liaise closely with daytime staff to communicate any on-going or unresolved issues.
- Build a positive and mutually supportive relationship with on-site security staff and report any facility maintenance or Health & Safety concerns.
- To maintain accurate records of all interventions and incidents on Incident Report Forms and hand to Site Managers in the morning.
- To negotiate with young people who show challenging behaviour to reach an understanding and mutually satisfactory agreement on what is acceptable in the environment.
- To report any safeguarding concerns or disclosures in a professional and compliant manner, following Learn by Design process and procedure.
- To attend daily meetings with Site Managers, Wave Leaders, and Welfare Officers.
- To make an accurate and thorough daily report to the Site Manager at the agreed time.
- Ensure all policies and protocols are followed in line with the NCS Staff Handbook with regards to Safeguarding of participants, Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity.
- Act professionally at all times in accordance with the guidelines of the programme to ensure that NCS maintains a positive working relationship and respected reputation with colleagues, visiting speakers, charities, organisations and businesses in the community.
- Any other duties in line with role, salary and responsibility.
- Attendance to our staff training weekend prior to the summer commencing is required
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for individuals that:
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and an ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of colleagues and young people.
- Experience of work in a residential setting.
- Knowledge and experience of work in safeguarding.
- Ability to independently assess priorities and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to be proactive, adaptable and creative with the skills to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Experience of working in a demanding environment, and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Calm with high levels of patience and understanding.
- An active listener able to give full attention to what young people are saying.
- Non-judgemental and socially perceptive.
- Dependable, reliable and trustworthy.
- A critical thinker able to solve problems independently using creative thinking.
Wages, Benefits & Hours
• You can earn up to £400 for 4 nights , depending on your age, qualifications and experience
We can also offer:
• Accommodation and food during your work
• The opportunity to gain meaningful leadership and mentoring experience
Your Safeguarding Responsibility:
Learn by Design NCS are committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of our attendees. A NCS team member must follow Learn by Design NCS’s safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures at all times.
- Team Building
- Young People
- Life Skills
- Youth Work