NCS Delivery Provider - Learn by Design
National Citizen Service is a once in a lifetime unique opportunity for 15-17 year olds. NCS helps build skills for work and life; the young persons will be introduced to new challenges, working in a team where they’ll create new friendships. Our programme operates during the summer and half term for young persons in Bristol, Bath and Swindon.
NCS works in 4 phases:
- Phase 1: A 5-day residential programme taking part in team building and action activities
- Phase 2: A 5-day residential programme learning life skills
- Phase 3: A 5-day social action project in the local community
- Phase 4: A celebration for the young people to receive their NCS certificate
Primary purpose of role:
To act as an on-site representative of the Learn by Design Management Team by managing staff on consecutive waves and liaising closely with osite staff to achieve successful and smooth running of operations and delivery of curriculum on the residential phases of the NCS Programme.
What You Will Do: A typical day in the life of…
- To manage seasonal staff through the residential phases of the NCS programme.
- To monitoring the performance of Wave Leaders, Welfare Officers, Night Duty Officers, Team Leaders and Mentors against their KPI for the duration of the residential phases and provide relevant feedback and guidance on their individual development needs.
- To build a strong working relationship with Centre Management and colleagues to ensure the effective and safe delivery of the programme, smooth running of operations and successful achievement for participants.
- To risk assess the venue and providers to ensure that all activities and facilities safe.
- To support Wave Leaders in co-ordinating the work activities of Team Leaders and Mentors in accordance with the NCS programme and timetabled activities
- To chair daily meetings with Wave Leaders, Welfare Officers and Night Duty Officers.
- To ensure all administrative duties required are promptly completed.
- To work closely with the Curriculum & Partnership Manager in the co-ordination and direct delivery of Phase 2 workshops and activities.
- To meet and greet external visiting speakers providers and make suitable arrangements for delivery of their workshop.
- Ensure all policies and protocols are followed in line with the NCS Staff Handbook with regards to Safeguarding of participants, Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity.
- Act professionally at all times in accordance with the guidelines of the programme to ensure that NCS maintains a positive working relationship and respected reputation with colleagues, visiting speakers, charities, organisations and businesses in the community
- Any other duties in line with role, salary and responsibility.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Extensive experience in the management of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
- Experience in the performance management of staff, including handling difficult conversations and confrontation.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and an ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of colleagues and young people.
- Ability to independently assess priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive and adaptable with the skills to think on your feet.
- A proven track record in accurate record keeping, completion of good quality reports and meeting paperwork submission deadlines.
- Experience of working in a demanding environment, and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Ability to inspire and motivate both teams and individuals to help them achieve their potential.
- Hard working and determined with a willingness to achieve and exceed expectations.
- Eager and willing to learn from experience and implement change in response to reflective practice.
- A positive, inspirational and motivational role model with an ability to build a high level of trust with those around them.
- Dependable, reliable and trustworthy.
- A critical thinker able to solve problems independently using creative thinking.
Wages, Benefits & Hours
• You can earn up to £2100 for 4 Weeks , depending on your age, qualifications and experience
We can also offer:
• Accommodation and food during your work
• The opportunity to gain meaningful leadership and mentoring experience
Your Safeguarding Responsibility:
Learn by Design NCS are committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of our attendees. A NCS team member must follow Learn by Design NCS’s safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures at all times.
- Team Building
- Young People
- Life Skills
- Youth Work