Paymentshield is the leading provider of insurance products to mortgage advisers. Founded in 1992 and based beside the sea in sunny Southport, we have developed five flexible products: Home Insurance, Landlord’s Insurance, IncomeShield, MortgageProtector, Home Buyer’s Protection, all designed around the needs of the customer. We’re proud of the quality and breadth of insurers that our home insurance panel offers, meaning more choice for the customer.
In 2006 we became part of the Towergate Group, the UK’s largest independently owned insurance intermediary, generating £3 billion of pro forma gross written premiums across its companies and employing circa 4,400 people (including 280 strong Paymentshield team) across 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK’s largest insurers. Towergate’s scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.
If you’d like to join us, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Outline: To work alongside the Head of Sales and wider Sales team to build and nurture strategic relationships with key accounts, networks, partners and firms within those accounts in line with Towergate Group strategy and to hit sales targets for those nominated accounts.
Principal Objectives & Responsibilities
- Accountability for the achievement of the National Key Account Business Plan with assigned accounts, leading to exceeding targets.
- Develop strong business relationships with the senior team and key personnel at each assigned account.
- Develop joint Sales & Marketing plans with the assigned accounts in order to deliver growth for PSL and the account.
- Ensure new and existing products are panelled on the best advice/approved list of this customer base.
- Work with the PSL marketing team to ensure that all key accounts receive adequate marketing support and website content is kept up to date.
- Meet with every key account quarterly to ensure Sales & Marketing plan is reviewed and agreed actions achieved.
- Work with the Head of Sales to identify new key account relationships for PSL.
- To co-ordinate with and support the efforts of the aligned sales teams.
- Liaise with the Home & Protect team to ensure PHP offering is widely presented to potential accounts.
- Liaise with the Sales Team Leaders to ensure that they are working on initiatives that drive sales and growth.
- Conduct joint sales visits with Regional Sales Managers with Appointed Representatives of own panel of accounts.
- Monitor and feedback on campaign sales calls made by Telephone Business Development Managers.
- Secure the resources of the wider group/organisation to support the distribution strategy for each account.
- Represent PSL at network level through contact with Appointed Representatives where required.
- Speak at conferences and seminars when required.
- Organise and run GI Workshops in conjunction with the network distribution and Regional Sales Managers.
- Identify opportunities within the accounts for development by the National Sales Manager.
- Effectively and positively manage the cross functional relationship with other areas of PSL.
- Ensure that activities and outputs are compliant as required.
- Develop an understanding of the Key Accounts business model, FS market and threats to key accounts business.
- Maintain key account file notes and records.
- Collate monthly management information and market share for Executive reporting.
- Keep the business informed on opportunities and threats that evolve.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of Sales targets
- Execution of business plans and Sales & Marketing plans
- Development of strong business relationships at senior level
- Strategic planning
- Excellent knowledge of GI market
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the intermediary market
- Proven knowledge of knowledge of FCA and ABI regulation, market trends and mortgage distribution
- Knowledge and understanding of the distributor business models, technology and commercial drivers
- Understanding of technology issues and opportunities facing the industry.
- Negotiation skills
- Results orientated
- Planning and organisational skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Inspires trust, respect and loyalty
- Motivated and self-starter
- Recognises and exploits commercial opportunities.
- Prepared for national travel and overnight stays as field based role in South but events across UK
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience of managing relationships with large distributors in FS Market
- Experience of operating at a senior director level in a sales role
- Understanding of PSL’s commercial drivers
- Ability to demonstrate the application of key account management principles, tools and processes at a strategic level
- Profit literate
- Project management
- Have a strong understanding of Paymentshield and Towergate Group Proposition and our servicing capability so as to maximise every sales opportunity
- Strong understanding of regulation impacting mortgage advice process
- Strong understanding of Paymentshield and Towergate group proposition
- Senior level strategic planning experience
Please apply online