National Account Manager
Location: North Midlands
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Purpose of the Role:
This position will report into the Head of Internal Sales and will be responsible for developing and guiding the implementation of specific customer account plans; achieving account profitability and sales targets; serving as the primary account contact & providing account leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and long term continuity of supply.
- Take responsibility for an individual portfolio of national accounts ensuring that company profitability, customer requirements and individual growth targets are met.
- Implement, monitor, report & forecast on account performance against sales budget and cash margin in order to maximise future performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain individual customer account plans which identify key activities and priorities in line with company strategic objectives, and thereby maximise profitability.
- Annually review customer account plans as part of the budgeting process for the following year.
- Maintain regular communication with key external contacts to identify and resolve issues whilst selling new initiatives within existing customer base.
- Support cross sell and new business opportunities, ensuring profitability and outstanding customer relationships are created; underpinned by robust cross company relationships
- Work with other departments as required to ensure that budgeted sales targets, account profitability, customer satisfaction and retention are achieved across portfolio
- Identify, understand and communicate both the customer needs and development aspiration. Work with the required FDUK function to meet those needs and aspirations. To include all new menu creation, planning and implementation including positive commercials. The above should also cover new listings, codes, lead times and the timely management of delists
- Develop and implement individual account NPD strategy which supports the business and account plan requirements.
- Previous experience in a national accounts role within the food service industry
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Desirable knowledge of fresh produce
- Experience within logistics industry preferred
- First rate communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Strong numerical skills and ability to analyse data, with a high level of computer literacy
- Product knowledge and above average understanding of the industry/role requirements
- A passion for driving costs out of the business & increasing profitability
- Ability to think outside the box and drive innovation
- Able to work under pressure in a competitive market place and gain market advantage