Our client, a leading and rapidly-growing IT Distributor in Reading, is hiring for a National Account Manager; to manage an existing customer base comprising of major retailers.
This is a hybrid role that, in addition to managing and growing an established customer base, will also be responsible for driving new business. This will be made up of an existing set of prospects along with the requirement for the individual to identify and develop new business communication.
- Work proactively with the Retail Sales Director and the appropriate vendor and retailer personnel to optimise all opportunities within the designated accounts
- Manage an existing product portfolio within the account base and be able to create and drive a new business plan and agenda
- Take responsibility for and manage, in conjunction with relevant colleagues the efficient operation of all aspects of your account base
- Identify new opportunities and open dialogue with new accounts and vendors
- Manage efficiently and effectively, and at all stages, the retailer's forecasting and ordering process to ensure that all relevant colleagues are involved as necessary with regard to intake, sell through and promotional plans.
- Reviewing the previous month's / quarters performance whilst building a plan for future growth and making adjustments to the ongoing plan where necessary
- Communicating with retailer personnel, through regular customer visits to fully understand and document the relevant information that facilitates the on-going business development and enhancement of our relationships setting clear objectives along the way
- Monitor the revenue and profit margin performance of your accounts against forecasts and take relevant action to ensure overachievement against targets
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through excellent levels of ongoing dialogue and query resolution
- Sales/Account Management experience
- A background in IT and Consumer electronics sales is preferred but not essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Commercial and operational awareness is essential
- Knowledge of supply chain/logistics
- Strong IT skills particularly Excel & Outlook
- Previous experience in selling to and managing FMCG retailer relationships is a must and preferably within the IT and consumer electronics channels
This is a full-time, permanent position, working Monday to Friday. The individual must be willing to regularly travel nationwide including expensed overnight stays (where applicable).
The role is office based with an expectation that the individual would spend each Monday and Tuesday within the Reading office aligning themselves to the wider team strategy, with the remainder of the week spent visiting a customer and vendor base and at home (where required).