National Account Executive
Up to £29,000 per annum DOE
Our client is an established family owned business and leading supplier to UK retailers and the food service and wholesale sectors, they specialise in the supply and delivery of fresh exotic fruit and speciality vegetables. they are a grower, importer and marketing business with a heritage in subtropical produce meaning that they can offer a diverse choice of employment opportunities to match your ambitions.
The National Account Executive role will include the following responsibilities:
- To support the Commercial Department and National Account Controller with the daily management and development of a number of key retail accounts, managing a portfolio of fruit and/or vegetable products.
- Liaison with customers on daily issues & co-ordination with Wealmoor internal departments.
- Develop strong relationships with key individuals in identified strategic accounts, as well as good networking skills across the account & industry
- To monitor, be aware of and report on our business performance in terms of growth, service levels and quality management.
- Monitor and analyse account EPOS, market information and competitor trends where relevant
- Track and report against internal & customers targets
- Responsibility for accurate account forecasting, working closely with the operations team to ensure consistent delivery against service level targets
- Regularly review account listings, distribution and performance
- Develop an in depth understanding of the specific market sector- through analysis of the retail offer and of competitor activity. Regular benchmarking a key factor.
- Work closely with the relevant product technologist, to be aware of technical issues pertaining to the customer and to guide the technical development to assist in the forwarding of commercial objectives.
- To undertake sales administration cover as and when required, which may mean temporarily changing your working pattern to meet businessneed.
- Ensuring all administration procedures are followed and good practice is maintained.
- To contribute as a member of the sales team to the development of the department strategy and that of the total business.
- To understand and evaluate the supply chain and support value engineering initiatives.
The ideal candidate for the National Account Executive role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Educated to QCF 4 – 5 in an academic discipline ideally with at least 1 year relevant retail facing experience
- Proven FMCG experience.
- IT literate/.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Strong negotiator with strong influencing skills.
- Ability to successfully influence and persuade.
- Flexible, resilient and adaptable.
- Enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Fluent English – Both written & verbal.
- Additional languages to a verbal standard would be beneficial
- Flexibility to travel to all Wealmoor sites (Greenford & Atherstone on Stour).
- Travel to UK customers Head office
If you feel you are suitable for the National Account Executive role, please apply now!
National Account Executive, National Account Manager, Junior Account Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job