Salary: £5,668 pa
Hours: 12.5 hours per week - Additional hours may be available if dsired
Job ref: N242
If you have a passion for food and have a holistic approach to health and wellbeing, would like to work creatively in an environment which promotes independence, combined with part time hours you’ve found your perfect role.
We are recruiting for a cook to prepare and serve nutritious, choice based meals. We are a specialist service supporting individuals with autism and you will be an integral part of a friendly, dedicated, caring and professional team.
This is no ordinary role and everyday will enable you to make a difference to the lives of the people we support.
Your main duties will include:
- Preparation and serving of meals on a daily basis
- Menu planning within a budget which provides both choice and well balanced meals
- Keep accurate records; carrying out and recording health and safety checks in the kitchen including daily fridge, freezer and food temperatures
- Ensure high standards of hygiene; keep the kitchen, equipment and work surfaces clean and safe
- Undertake weekly and monthly cleaning schedule
- Food Safety Award Level 2 (E) - 2 hour online course which we will pay for you to obtain, if necessary, prior to commencement
- Food Preparation and Service Technical Certificate Level 2 (D)
- Professional cooking, or catering experience, of at least 1 year (E)
- Working in a residential care environment (D)
- Communicating with individuals who have additional or complex needs (D)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Additional holiday based on length of service
- Employee Referral scheme
- Access to Spectrum Life Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing Tools, including counselling services & the Benefits Hub, which will give you access to lots of shopping and entertainment discounts, instant discounted gift cards and cashback
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Pension scheme
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, due to the nature of the role and tasks involved.
It is desirable that the successful applicant holds a full driving license.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia provides ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adultsand expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Food Hygiene
- Food Preparation
- Food Safety
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'