Position: Music Teacher (Secondary) . Location: Doha Qatar
Our clients in Qatar are now recruiting both Primary and Secondary School Teachers (Music Teacher) for the next academic year. We are now seeking applicants with British curriculum teaching experience as a Music Teacher
We are now interviewing for these positions and warmly welcome newly qualified teachers to apply as the final NQT year can be undertaken at the school.
Primary Objective of Role:
To teach students within the school to reach their full potential and to carry out such other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by the Head of Secondary and the Head of Department.
REQUIREMENTS for the role of Music Teacher
Key Requirements Qualifications
- Music degree OR Degree & PGCE in Music
- Grade 8 in first instrument
- Qualified teacher status
- G.C.S.E grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
Experience (Music Teacher)
· Experience of teaching Music in the UK or in a British overseas school
- An experienced practitioner with the ability to achieve outstanding standards in subject knowledge and application, use and range of teaching methods including ICT resource, classroom management, differentiation and assessment for learning
· Experience of planning, delivering, monitoring and evaluating lessons and learning as part of a school curriculum
- Some experience working with pupils with additional learning needs
- Evidence of continued professional development
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong keyboard skills
- A good understanding of the British Music curriculum
- A good understanding of the principles of child development and learning processes and in particular barriers to learning
- Proficiency in the use of ICT and the software programs used in schools and an understanding of how ICT can be used effectively to motivate children to learn
- Ability to create a fun, challenging and effective learning environment
- Effective communication skills
- Highly organised and calm under pressure
- Sensitive, caring and responsive to the needs of young people
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
Teaching and Learning
- Plan, prepare and deliver the lessons and sequences of lessons the Teacher is assigned to teach within the context of the school’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work.
- Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of the students within the classes the Teacher is assigned to teach.
- Participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for internal and external examinations.
- Provide opportunities for independent learning.
- Provide opportunities for practical work, investigation and research.
- Make provision for students of differing ability in all subjects and formulate and use IEPs where necessary.
- Create a stimulating class environment which promotes effective teaching and learning and of which students can feel ownership.
- Provide opportunities for the use of digital technology within the curriculum.
- Ensure that all classroom practice is in accordance with school policy and procedure.
- Monitor the progress of students by on-going assessment and record keeping.
- Use a range of teaching methods and resources to enhance the learning experience for all students.
- Ensure quality teaching for students with additional learning needs.
- Maintain a well-managed classroom with a good work ethos and good working relationships. · Create a culture of achievement where students wish to do their best and are rewarded for doing so. · Unsatisfactory behaviour is handled effectively as per school policy and procedures.
- Maintain up to date subject knowledge. · Self-evaluate and review teaching methods, materials and schemes of work. · Participate in the school’s Performance Development Review process and be involved in opportunities for Continued Professional Development, including attending inset.
- Any other duties required by the Head of Department or the Head of Secondary, which is in the scope of the post.
- Undertake at least one extra-curricular activity per academic year for a minimum of 20, one hour long sessions (or more if necessary e.g. P.E. and Music).
- Participate in the break duty rota.
Salary & Benefits
- Excellent Tax Free Salary.
- Housing allowance of 9,500-13,000 Qatar Rials per month depending on status (single, married, family)
- One off settling in allowance of 25,000-35,000 (depending on status) payable after completion of probation.
- One flight home a year.
- 75% discount for 3 children at the school.
- End of service gratuity of 3 weeks’ pay for every year of service after completing one year.
Apply now !!!
Please email your fully detailed CV in word document alongwith a recent photo of yourself.
- Details such as Marital Status and DOB must be typed on your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"