We require a full time, qualified music teacher who ideally has experience teaching in a primary school setting. The role is to deliver music lessons as part of the national curriculum music syllabus. You will teach music across the school in KS1 and KS2.
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. Our vision of high expectations, creative learning, and mastery of teaching secured not only an outstanding Ofsted grade in July 2014 but also a recognition of the best pupil progress of all academies across the nation.
We can offer you:
- A happy, learning environment where everyone is valued
- Children who are fun to be with and are motivated by enjoyable learning experiences
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Opportunities for performance and musical events, including with our very talented steel pan band
- A strong relationship with Haringey music service
We welcome applications from candidates who will:
- Teach and secure outstanding high quality music learning for our children
- Enable all children to succeed through a creative approach to delivering the music curriculum
- Be able to lead and develop a variety of ensembles
- Be committed to on-going professional development
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of a team
You should hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree to be considered for this role.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park?
- A supportive environment of excellent teachers and support staff
- Outstanding training opportunities for rapid development, particularly in science in 2017/8 including team teaching with an astrophysicist in all year groups.
- Opportunity for leadership - including 2-year middle and senior leadership programmes, and British Council overseas partnerships
- Enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated pupils
- A creative, enriched curriculum where science, ICT and arts matter
- Outstanding progress and outcomes for all children
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and pupils (all staff have their own iPad)
As an outstanding academy, we invest in our staff offering a comprehensive induction programme to support the progress of your career. We have excellent systems, a creative curriculum and a clear vision for continued excellence.
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park works within the wider Harris Federation, a supportive and highly successful group of 44 academies all based in and around London. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation, but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For further information about the position, or to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact Lenka Reeve, Office Manager, on or email .uk.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.